The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default I blame PMS spinoff - menopause...

Love the other thread...
    I'd like to blame menopause for well everything right now...
    they sudden "psychotic" breakdowns...
    From mild mannered "Librarian" to screaming lunatic to bawling through a half a box of puffs plus all within the same afternoon..
    For forgetting my keys are in my pocket and tearing the barn apart looking for them..
    Anyone else go through this and how did you all cope without ending up in jail?
    I feel like I should fill my room with garlic and chain myself in,
    just to protect those around me...
    Dr says it's typical????
    ....... pausing

Yikes!

I'll be 50 in a month, and have just started having hot flashes . . . which aren't too bad. I have to say I do not notice any mood swings.

I hope you feel better soon!

Outside Ocala FL - Horse Capital of the World

Well, I have not reached the raving lunatic stage yet. . . but the hot flashes really annoy the crap out of me, and when they wake me up several times a night, the lack of sleep is not helping my ability to focus during the day.

I just keep hoping that "this too shall pass", because if this is how I'm going to spend my "golden years", I'm really going to become a cranky old lady.
    There are friends and faces that may be forgotten, but there are horses that never will be. - Andy Adams

The Cave of Caerbannog in summer, Castle Aaaargh in winter

I went through menopause early, in my mid-forties. My doctor warned me it would happen earlier for me than most, and he was right.

I had heart palpitations frequently for awhile, and then....nothing. No mood swings, no sweats, no forgetfulness. It was so easy I didn't even realize I was done.

Guess it made up for the hell I went through trying to actually get pregnant.

I'm not sure how many people are lucky enough to have my experience, but I guess I'm proof there is no "typical" and menopause isn't a guarantee you'll be wringing your jammies out every morning and that your husband will be hiding the kitchen knives.

I like logical people---they provide a nice contrast to the real world.

By the way, a friend told me about making sage tea to help with the hot flashes. It does seem to help. Take a handful of fresh sage leaves, put in a glass full of water, leave overnight, drink the next day.