The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Yuck!!!

I wish you the best in a very yucky situation.

Stay safe.

I am so sorry, this is truly unbelievable, when will you get the results? it could be worse, somebody might have been seriously hurt by now. hang in there.

2endyrgal- I am stunned reading your latest update and it sure wasn't the kind of update I expected to see. I am so sorry.

I hate to say but I was in those same shoes last summer and it bites, big time.

Last June I bought a "been there, done that" draft cross from a trainer who (at the time) lived 4 miles from me. I had known him personally for 5 years. To make a 3 week long story short, the horse was a bleeder and the vet who did the scoping for me said IHO the horse would not hold up for fox hunting. I do a lil more digging and find out that in a pre-purchase exam in April with another person, the horse was found to be a bleeder. When I share the news with the trainer he is "well gee, I'm real sorry to learn this and the April buyers never did tell me why they decided not buy the horse". Sigh. I moved the horse out with full disclosure and the trainer moved an hour west of here. I hope Karma gets the trainer.

I have absolutely no advice, just want to say how very sorry I am. i truly hope it comes back as something like Lyme disease, something treatable.