Due to lack of space, I am seeking a home for my lovely registered Morgan mare. "Chek" is a stylish and feminine 14.3 hand black bay with a white star and three socks. At age 20, she can still make your heart go pitter-patter when she flags her tail, snorts and strikes a trot across the pasture!

Chek's career was that of a broodmare; due to my time constraints, she was never trained to saddle or harness. Now her back has dropped a bit from carrying several large foals and saddle fit/weight bearing would prove problematic. Therefore, she is being offered as a COMPANION HORSE ONLY.

She is a PHENOMENAL BABYSITTER for foals or youngsters, or will simply to keep another mature horse from being lonely. She will live in a box stall or run-in shed, and respects all types of fencing. She adapts easily to new herd dynamics and is not an "alpha" horse.

Chek has exemplary manners. She respects personal space, knows voice commands, will stand on the cross-ties for hours, longes well, hops in any trailer and loves attention. She is good with dogs and other farm animals, not spooky around traffic or farm equipment, and adores children.

Chek has never been lame or ill, and she is a hardy, easy keeper on minimal grain with good quality hay/water. She is up-to-date on all vet, farrier and dentist work, and behaves well for those professionals.

I no longer have the facility to keep horses at home and boarding two animals (Chek and her eldest son) is cost prohibitive. The terms would be an open-ended free lease (drafted by an equine attorney). Why? Because if someone cannot keep her down the road, I want to make sure Chek returns to me.

I am willing to continue paying Chek's routine vet/farrier/dentist bills, as well as miscellaneous expenses (supplements, wormer, etc.). My only request is that I be allowed to visit occasionally with advance notice to the lessee.

I view Chek as a beloved family member AND my responsibility of 15+ years, and wish to ensure she is well cared for wherever she goes. I am open to serious inquiries within Maine and New Hampshire, possibly other NE states.

Please contact me directly via email at: Glorymorgan@yahoo.com, since I don't read the boards on a regular basis. thank you!