The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default TLC's What Not to Wear - Sign me up!

Stacey and Clinton crack me up and I would be thrilled to be on that show, especially since gaining some weight and not being so thrilled about it. Anyone watch that show as often as possible? I have actually learned a few things from them just by watching. Would love have "my hair did" by them!
    ~Amy~ TrakehNERD clique
    *Bugs 5/86-3/10 OTTB Mare* RIP lovely Lady, I miss you
    *Frodo '03 Anglo Trakehner Gelding*
    My Facebook

I watch it now and again. They are very funny, and some of their advice is very good.

However, I wouldn't be on the show. They are great for business/social clothing, but I work from home and much of my business is, well, just plain DIRTY. So I spend a lot of time in inexpensive, practical "uniforms" for riding, teaching, and massaging, not to mention gardening and farm chores. So spending $5K on a wardrobe for about 10% of my life is not sensible.

And no way would I let either the current or the former ying-yang cut my hair! I find hardly any of their cuts appealing, and, more importantly, no-one changes my hair without design approval and input, as well as step-by-step supervision.
    Equinox Equine Massage

In the depth of winter, I finally learned that there was in me invincible summer.
    -Albert Camus

I totally want someone to pick my hair style for me. I've tried many times to let the hair dresser have free reign on my hair and still I end up with the relatively the same thing over and over.... ugh! I'm planning to get my haircut while over in the UK visiting my mother, maybe a different country will yield me different results lol.

I got off work and home at 5:20pm today. At 5:21pm I was in my pajamas. Comfort is king.
    However, and fortunately for everyone, I would absolutely change 100% of my current outfit if I suddenly had an errand to run.
    Then again.. If the errands were to be done on one of my 'riding days' you can bet I would be doing said errands in horseback riding clothes. Tall boots (almost always wipe them down before leaving the barn... always de-poop the soles), breeches, and either a polo, long sleeve shirt, or tank top. If I have to go somewhere where I'll be in one place for an hour plus (nicer dinner, the photography class I'm taking) I try to have other, presentable, clothes to change into. But typically, just the riding clothes. I live in the country, ride in town abt 30+ mins away... My riding days ARE my only errand running opportunities!

Given that I try to not be covered in slime, grime, hay, sweat before leaving the barn.. and that my riding clothes are fairly decent... I think I'd be spared from being on the show.

But it would be fun!

Heeeeyyy they should do a horseback riders/farmgirl episode. Really challenge the hosts and stylists to pick practical clothes for real -country- people!
    They could pick out clothes for trying out potential horses, teaching lessons, coaching or judging at shows, and maybe an easy 5 minute change of clothes for date night with the hubby!

I haven't been able to watch the show (or any one) for a while now, but my only beef with it and every other makeover show is when the curly-haired girl gets her hair straightened for the big reveal. They do it EVERY time. Ev.Er.Y time. And aside from being very frustrating/disheartening for curly-haired viewers... it's such a cop-out. Seriously, you could put me in the SAME outfit with my hair curly and blown straight and it'd be a dramatic change. Then there's the whole argument that you have to have straightened hair to look polished and 'made over,' like curly hair isn't nice enough to make it into the big reveal scene. I hate that.

WHEW that felt good to get out! lol!

OK stepping away now

I want someone to do whatever they want with my hair, I'd love to see what they come up with. I'd kill for some nice clothes too, some that I felt I looked good in.
    ~Amy~ TrakehNERD clique
    *Bugs 5/86-3/10 OTTB Mare* RIP lovely Lady, I miss you
    *Frodo '03 Anglo Trakehner Gelding*
    My Facebook