The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Bling Bling browbands

http://fabledfashions.com/gallery.htm

just had great dealings with this new company, please check it out.

Proud owner of one Lunar acre! (Campanus Crater, The Moon)

Thumbs down

Blatant advertising is not allowed on this board.
    "Relinquish your whip!!"

Typing past the thread police . . . . wow, those are stunning browbands. Wish I had an extra $200 in my checkbook.
    "You gave your life to become the person you are right now. Was it worth it?" Richard Bach

$189+ for a browband is so ridiculous!...especially when you can buy a Schumacher for $90 (quality leather, not the generic stuff people use who make their own browbands)

Now I know why "bling" was in the title twice. Whole lot of sparkle on these things. I do not like them, it's too much for me.

Quote Originally Posted by cadance View Post
    $189+ for a browband is so ridiculous!...especially when you can buy a Schumacher for $90 (quality leather, not the generic stuff people use who make their own browbands)
    Well, assuming you can find a Schumacher that you like. I've never seen one that appealed to me.

People will buy whatever appeals to their taste and budget. Who cares if that's $30 or $250? The price tag won't be hanging off the browband for everyone to see.

I don't think those browbands will be hanging off alot of bridles either.
    Airborne? Oh. Yes, he can take a joke. Once. After that, the joke's on you.

Now that's not fair. They are the perfect accessory for the rider who already has blinged spurs, spur straps, stirrups, stirrup leathers, boots, gloves, whip, collar, helmet, earrings... They need to balance out their look, and these will just about do it.

Just went and looked. That will blind the judge. Oh, wait, maybe that's the point! Should be advertised as "Browbands for the bad rider." Judges will not be able to see either you or your horse past the glare off the browband. Perfect for hiding all your riding and training flaws. Buy one now and blind the judge in your next test!
    "Relinquish your whip!!"

Oh dear. In my very, very humble opinion, this would be perfect for Oscar night. . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Shagyas Rock View Post
    Oh dear. In my very, very humble opinion, this would be perfect for Oscar night. . . .
    As in, it's a tiara for your horse?
    "Relinquish your whip!!"

Well, somebody's trying really hard to make pretty browbands on that site, so I feel bad that all the bashing's going on, but the price tag that's slapped on them makes me feel a little less bad. I do think they're really not tasteful, but to each their own.

I just really think that nobody notices if your horse's head isn't sparkling with more brilliance than the sun, but they do notice if he's not supple, balanced and on the aids. Along the same lines, a great test will shine more than some crystals on a browband. I have the same, plain-jane browband on my bridle that came with it. I think my horse looks classy that way, and I hope her performance will wow the judges, not her blingy forehead. But again, whatever's clever, folks!

Well, since the OP is from Ontario and the browbands are being made and sold in Ontario...they deserve a bit of bashing for their blatant disregard for the rules out here and advertising.

Not to mention that they are WAY over the top and would fit better in a Tiaras for Toddlers episode than on your horse.
    "Relinquish your whip!!"

Dude, my horse farts butterflies and pees rainbows. How on earth do I balance that without massive bling? She needs her front end to be as sparkly as her back end.

Awwww, I really like them. I could never afford one, but I'd sure get one if I could! I have rhinestones on my spurs and love pink though. I'm a girly girl. Do you think a judge would doc you at a recognized show for them?

$189+ for a browband is so ridiculous!
    Aww, come on... that's a steal! Didn't you notice that they are ALL "Regularly $395"???

After all, according to their apparent motto: "performance counts. character wins."

Team Edward! (the Dressage rider)

If I ever get to PSG with my mare you can bet she'll be wearing one of those browbands as a tiara. After all our hard work she deserves wearing a crown down centerline.
    "You gave your life to become the person you are right now. Was it worth it?" Richard Bach

... not all the people who make their own browbands use stuff that's not quality leather. The cowhide that I use isn't finished as nicely as english bridle leather, but it's covered in seed beads so I just need something that is flexible and long-wearing.

Mobile Horse Supply uses very pretty leather, more finished, but I'd put it up to the leather of any modern tack.
    *=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=

Quote Originally Posted by piaffe885 View Post
    Those are Really nice!