The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Feedback from Western Riders Please

Hi All,

I launched www.TackMeUp.com that riders and trainers can use for free to create a recommended product list.

Trainers can also use it as a webpage listing since you get a dedicated url.

Riders can use it as a reminder list or wishlist for friends and family.

You can also click 'Share' on the top of any list to add it to your facebook page.

BUT I'm a lifelong jumper rider and haven't been able to get much interest from western trainers or riders.

What am I missing?

thanks!
    www.TackMeUp.com
    'What's in your trunk?'
    Free tools for Trainers and Riders

First of all, its a great looking site. Professional, clean, and fast loading. Who did your website work? On the downside, I'm not sure what its for! I read your description and read the front page and I'm still confused. Keep in mind, you generally have less than 4 seconds to capture a visitors attention.
    eFarriers.com is comprehensive directory of farriers from across the United States and Canada featuring full-page farrier profiles with biographies, photos, training and qualifications.

Quote Originally Posted by DJB View Post
    First of all, its a great looking site. Professional, clean, and fast loading. Who did your website work? On the downside, I'm not sure what its for! I read your description and read the front page and I'm still confused. Keep in mind, you generally have less than 4 seconds to capture a visitors attention.
    Agreed. I don't really understand who is supposed to make lists for what purpose. The form you fill out reads mostly for the business clients. Also, I can't really figure out how to browse the lists by contents, rather than trainer/business, to figure out what the lists are supposed to be fore.

great feedback - thanks!

these guys did the design - http://www.ectomachine.com/
    great to work with, wireframed everything for me before we moved on to design, whole process was great.

Just having that 4 seconds to make my case may be where i'm going wrong. i'm trying to create a FREE tool that allows trainers, clubs, BO's and individuals to easily build a list of equipment for 1 or more situations.

The point is to make it easier for people to get involved in horse sports and have the right equipment for yourself and your horse at the right time.

In my research, trainers have said they basically have the same conversation 10 times with 10 different clients; Mom's have said they're tired of buying things during some anxiety filled event priced over retail and would like to know ahead of time what they will need as their kid moves up; and individuals would like a way to mange their packing lists and holiday wishlists.

I've had some recent success with local HS equestrian teams and some college teams as well.

I'll try to figure out how to make the starting base lists visible to all.

Any other feedback is much appreaciated! thanks!
    www.TackMeUp.com
    'What's in your trunk?'

Bump
    www.TackMeUp.com
    'What's in your trunk?'

It might help if you offered example lists for people to check out.

I could see this as being very beneficial to the non-horsey parent who walks into a big name tack shop, only to buy items their child will never need. At least...that's what I think this is (?)

Find your trainer/instructor, and get a list?
    If wishes were horses then beggars would ride...
    DLA: Draft Lovers Anonymous
    Quote Originally Posted by talkofthetown View Post
    As in, the majikal butterfly-fahting gypsy vanners.

Why would a trainer create a list on a third party site? If they have an internet presence why not on their own site? This sounds more like it should be an app not a website at best.
    "Have a Coke and a Smile"

The trainers I know would not have time for this, but good luck. And if my trainer told me to go to a website for 'her list' of recommended products for say flyspray or crops, I would find another trainer. However, it's a nice looking website, very professional.

I've done these before ala magazine and a sharpy. When shopping for the DD or needing something I just use the Amazon site for this via shopping list. I'm with the others on the if I have to buy x,y or z equipment to work with that trainer I'll pass. Also your links are done yet or rather none of the lists have anything linked to them. I picked a list at random and while it had the list on the left I would prefer it to be on the big sheet.
    Adoring fan of A Fine Romance
    Originally Posted by alicen:
    What serious breeder would think that a horse at that performance level is push button? Even so, that's still a lot of buttons to push.

thanks for the feedback!

the comments from trainers have been pretty positive since they don't often keep copies of their equipment list and clients can access their tack me up list from a phone while at a tack store.

they can also use it as additional marketing since each list is crawled by the search engines.

it works for some independent riders/ parents who have used it as a wishlist and/or packing list reminder.

Any feedback on how the average Western lesson barn suggests to their clients what they need?
    www.TackMeUp.com
    'What's in your trunk?'

we've got sand and rocks, and rocks and sand...

I posted a link to it over on pleasurehorse.com that's the western/breed show equivalent to COTH.

Hopefully they'll be able to help. :-)

Cool site for sure!
    The ninja monkeys are plotting my demise as we speak....

thanks alot propspony!!
    www.TackMeUp.com
    'What's in your trunk?'