The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Rescued Mare Needs Loving Home

I am looking for a Good, Loving Home for a 9 yr.old Paint/TB mare I rescued 3 years ago. This horse was originally "Rough" broke in Oklahoma. She was forced, and hobbled. These cowboys really messed up this poor mares mind. She is 3/4 Thoroughbred, they are more sensitive than QH's or Paint's.

I have been training TB's for a long time. I have ridden her, and even jumped her. She is very sweet, but shy. And she does still have permanent emotional damage. Thus making her unfit for much riding or handling. She is fine to lead & brush, just fearful. She has done nothing but sit in my field for the past 3 yrs. She has come around alot from when I got her.

I have worked hard to establish her trust. I can handle her with no problem. But I am the only person in the world she trusts. That is why I am looking to place her with a special someone who is looking for a lawn mower, or pasture statue. I do not want to chance her ending up in the wrong hands. I promised her she would never he hurt again.

I have pictures coming. She is located in Missouri. Thank You!
    (]~~[) Amy (]~~[)

* I hope I never get too old to ride, despite the injuries and pain, because I cannot imagine not doing the thing I most enjoy in my life.*

HI!
    MY NAME BETH. I AM LOCATED IN FORDLAND MO. NEAR SPRINGFIELD. I TAUGHT NATURAL HORSEMANSHIP FOR OVER 13 YEARS. I HAVE RETIRED DUE TO MY KNEE, BUT! IF IT WOULD HELP I WOULD LOVE TO OFFER MY SERVICES FOR FREE AND WORK WITH YOU SWEET GIRL. I CANNOT OFFER A PERMANENT PLACE FOR HER BUT I COULD SEE IF I COULD HELP HER OUT EMOTIONALLY TO HELP HER FIND HER PERFECT HOME. FEEL FREE TO CALL ME AND ASK QUESTIONS IF YOUR INTERESTED. 417-767-1244 LEAVE MESSAGE AS I AM HARD TO CATCH. OR EMAIL ME AT ilovemylord@centurylink.net
    ****NOTE TO OTHER READERS!!!! I AM NOT OFFERING MY SERVICES FREE TO ANYONE ELSE. I REALLY AM RETIRED!! BUT YOU CAN EMAIL ME IF YOU NEED TRAINING ADVICE. I WOULD BE HAPPY TO HELP THAT WAY. ~:0)