The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Hallmark- Dutch Pinto Stallion

Hey guys,

Does anyone know where the big Dutch stallion, Hallmark is at? Is he still alive? I can't seem to find any information online about him, and used to have a Hallmark filly. I really want to know where he is, because I'm looking for at purchasing another baby, and LOVED mine. Mainly wanting to know if he is still alive (if not, what happened?) and where he is standing at stud?

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by DFWequestrian; Oct. 4, 2011 at 12:12 PM.

Default He was gelded

I looked at a eleven year old gelding this summer who was by Hallmark out of nice TB mare. He was a lower level eventer......In researching "Hallmark", I found him for sale in Mass. on equine.com....He was priced at $7,500 or $8,500 and he was being marketed as a "dressage schoolmaster"......i don't know why or when he was gelded and the sales listing has been deleted.

Hope this helps!
    Berkley

Default He is with me

I purchased Hallmark from the lady in Mass a year ago. He is definitely a great horse and is incredibly beautiful. Unfortunately he was gelded when he was 6 years old when he was sold to this lady. But I should say fortunately for me. He is smart with a temperament like no other. He was started in dressage but this was an older novice rider and she didn't take him past level 2. He has wonderful gaits and always does the right thing. He has a wonderful floating trot!! Hopefully he has passed some of these qualities down his line. He just turned 17 and if it weren't for his teeth, you would think he was 10 years younger. I recently saw a really nice Colormarks/ Claim to Fame filly for sale @ flying colors farm. Also, Colormarks was sold to Canada and is now available. If I ever buy again, I will definitely look for one of his offspring as well. Just wondering if you found a horse to purchase??

I am so happy that he's ok and in a good place.

(I have a little grandson of Samber. Dutch is good!)

Quote Originally Posted by DFWequestrian View Post
    Hey guys,

Does anyone know where the big Dutch stallion, Hallmark is at? Is he still alive? I can't seem to find any information online about him, and used to have a Hallmark filly. I really want to know where he is, because I'm looking for at purchasing another baby, and LOVED mine. Mainly wanting to know if he is still alive (if not, what happened?) and where he is standing at stud?

Thanks in advance!
    I own a Hallmark Oldenburg out of Hall of Fame/ Art Deco. I have done some research and he is NOT the one you are interested in. although my Hallmark has been gelded, there are TWO Hallmarks out of this bloodline. They one you are speaking of is bigger at over 17 h and I believe he is a darker bay . Mine is a "golden" bay pinto who was gelded around age 6. The other my still be standing and living. I'm not sure but I got this information. Hallmark 17.1 h stallion was /is owned by a Terry Brown.
    If you want to know more about the other Hallmark look up Showcase LTD in Canton, GA.

That is all I was told but I do believe he is the Hallmark with so may nice offspring on the ground. Good luck!!

Silverwood Farm in Virginia had most of the Art Deco stallions.
    Perhaps OP should contact them about Hallmark. The stud I remember named Hallmark was dark bay or black and white.

I had a lovely mare by Hallmark, who was bred by Terri Brown.
    I did contact her back when I bought the mare to find out more, but never heard back.
    My mare was beautiful, big and well conformed, and had some beautiful foals for me.
    A FINE ROMANCE - JC Reg Thoroughbred - GOLD Premium CSHA - ISR/OLDNA Approved
    CSHA Brickenden Stallion Award Winner - for Performance offspring.
    Please visit A Fine Romance on FB!

Default Hallmark mare for Sale

I know of a Hallmark mare for sale. Beautiful 16.2 hand bay pinto, lovely mare, in every way, has had one foal, pinto, coming 2 or three now very nice, chestnut pinto. She is 12 years old, if interested or want more info you can email me. wcec@bellsouth.net