The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

everythings cleared up--- thanks guys for your responses!
    Last edited by koppem10; Oct. 2, 2011 at 06:52 PM.

Sad. I'd threaten a bit. Just saying "enough is enough" might make this person react.
    www.EquusMagnificus.ca
    Breeding & Sales - Currently: Eventing & Derby prospects
    Facebook | YouTube |Twitter | LinkedIn

By any chance are you paying board on the foal while it's there? And that board payment will stop when the foal ships out? That is possible motivation for blowing you off right there. If that is not the case and she is just unresponsive the only thing you can do is keep rattling her chain. If you owe her money I would hang on to that until she contacts you.

I always return phone calls, emails and contacts in a timely fashion. It annoys me when the same is not reciprocated back to me. I have sold two foals and I am in regular contact with both buyers and that includes updated pictures. I have stayed in contact with them through out the Health Certificate process and even more so now that we are in the stages of arranging shipping. I am busy too and have two school age kids and a farm to run but a quick call or email takes a few seconds. Customer services is of the utmost importance. I am not aware of the breeder you are dealing with but if you had heard stories and others not so great experiences I would have ran not walked the other way. There are plenty of well bred In-utero's, foals and young horses available from people who will and want to keep in contact with you throughout the process and afterwards. I hope that you are able to make contact and that when your foal arrives she is everything she was presented to you. Good luck
    Worth A Shot Farm
    Finding the horse of your dreams, is always Worth A Shot!
    Visit our Website
    Join us on Facebook
    Watch us on Youtube

maybe you need to work it backward--that is tell the person when you are arranging pick-up--the image of a van showing up may get her going (and make her work it backward as to the necessary weaning date etc.)?

Hi guys! Thanks for all your support and ideas... It means a lot that you were all there to help I'm new to all this and the forum so with all this help I was overwhelmed. I actually just heard from the breeder with nothing but good news! I may have jumped the guns a little bit with worrying but hes my first foal and I am already super attached to the little guy.

Aparently drama was going on with the breeder and their end w no connection to the horses so that was relieving!!!

My foal should be here in a couple of weeks! Ill be sure to post pictures as soon as I get them

Thanks again!

Color me cynical but I doubt the timing was coincidental. Either way I am glad it is resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurierace View Post
    Color me cynical but I doubt the timing was coincidental. Either way I am glad it is resolved.

Whatever works!
    www.EquusMagnificus.ca
    Breeding & Sales - Currently: Eventing & Derby prospects
    Facebook | YouTube |Twitter | LinkedIn

I'm happy things are clearing for you and you have an ETA on your foal. I agree that "where there's smoke, there's fire" - and maybe posting your concerns on this forum precipitated an overdue response from the breeder.
    Like many breeders on this forum, I inundate buyers with pictures/videos of their babies - so they feel part of the growing up process. I think a blow-by-blow of their day-to-day antics, as well as details on their farrier, worming and inspection happenings is pretty important in helping establish a bond - and hence is good for the foal and the buyer.
    I wish you much happiness when you get your babe home, and have your hot little mitts on your scrumptious one!

Quote Originally Posted by EquusMagnificus View Post

Whatever works!
    I completely agree! Like I previously stated I have had a great relationship with the breeder always thru the process of buying the foal inutero, birthing, growing, the inspections, etc... I just was disappointed, I guess you could say, that I didnt hear back when it is getting close to crunch time. I agree with you guys on here- keeping a great relationship from birth and throughout growing time is what makes a great breeder and it also creates clients and customers for life.

Talk is cheap and from what I have read, there are some people who post on here are simply awful and cruel and will listen to anything bad people have to say. Im not going to lie, I was extremely hesitent with posting anything on here but Im glad that no one chewed anyone out and just gave suggestive ideas that were nice and respectful. Thanks again!

Do you have the papers?

Quote Originally Posted by back in the saddle View Post
    Do you have the papers?
    If it's the breeder we all think it is, I worry about this too. Hopefully everything works out great for you and you end up with a wonderful foal that you can have lots of fun with.

Purchasing from a breeder with a questionable reputation is like purchasing from eBay from one of the vendors with lots of negative feedback. Sometimes you can gamble and get exactly what you wanted and be absolutely thrilled. Othertimes, you wish you had listened to the negative feedback!

Hope your filly arrives safe and sound!
    www.DaventryEquestrian.com
    Home of Oldenburg & RPSI approved pony stallions Daventry's Power Play & Goldhills Brandysnap
    Also home to Daventry Equine Appraisals www.EquineAppraisers.com

A bit sad that it took a public vent to once again get things done.
    "I would not beleive her if her tongue came notorized"