The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default For anyone interested in seeing (or buying) some lovely young eventing prospects

The Goresbridge Go For Gold Sale catalogue is not online.
    All performance and pedigree information listed and some very interesting horses in there.

http://goresbridgegoforgold.com/2011...r-Gold-Cat.pdf

Just a caveat to say I have no affilliation with this sale - I just know that the pedigree and performance people on here might (like me) enjoy looking through them.

I am off to Goresbridge for the October sale - cannot find what I want in the UK and having looked at the last lot to go through will make the flight over and see if we can get some nice horses for decent prices rather than the over inflated rubbish we keep looking at in the UK.
    The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary.

It looks like it's shaping up well and having seen some of the horses competing in the flesh, I can say that some of the photos don't do them justice.
    Hope you find something very nice.

Good luck at the sales...there are a few really nice ones in there. I thought about going this year but then I found one privately. He flew into the USA around 1 AM this morning...can't wait to pick him up at Quaratine hopefuly Sunday!
    Mines a 3 yr old ISH....He is by King's Master (Master Imp) out of a really nice sporthorse mare.
    "A little less chit-chat a little more pitter-pat"

Clarksdale, MS--the golden buckle on the cotton belt

That is a collection of really lovely horses.

I've been browsing and drooling, drooling and browsing for more than an hour.

Since I'm on dial up, I can't watch the videos.

But there is one thing I keep seeing consistently from the conformation photos, and that's back length differences. The WB/ISH crosses seem to have much longer backs than the TB/ISH crosses. What would that mean, if anything, in performance?
    "I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay."
    Thread killer Extraordinaire

I've always felt that I wouldn't mind a mare being slightly long over than a gelding. That said, I would always prefer a more short coupled horse.
    Not sure why there is more prevalence of longer back in the WB/TB crosses.

When I win the lottery tonight.... lol. But how do I get to the videos? I can't seem to find a link to any and I can open the pdf of the catalogue which doesn't contain videos, but it won't open in their server under the catalogue tab(which I have to assume is where I'd find the videos). Any ideas?

I didn't go to look at the videos because youtube is banned at work, but they might not actually be up yet. It just says will be uploaded Friday?

Are there stats anywhere on what the average, high-selling, and reserve prices are?
    Blugal

You never know what kind of obsessive compulsive crazy person you are until another person imitates your behaviour at a three-day. --Gry2Yng

I'm with you CarolinaGirl!!!! When I win the lottery I'm going to clone my old retired horse and BUY one of these guys!!! because you know while the little Johnny clone is baking in the oven I need something new to ride hahahahaha!!!

Come on winning lottery ticket!!!!
    proud owner of a very pretty but completely useless horse (and one useful horse!)

Horse Thoughts

couldn't finish looking through them all... too depressing that I will never be able to afford one of them!

I was surprised to see how many of the ISHs in the pedigree were from 'not recorded' bloodlines. I could see some good stories at the pub about Blue Bess leaving her paddock at night and coming into foal.

On the topic of long backs, it seemed to me that many of the listings had less hind end than I am used to seeing. So to me the long backs were accentuated by not enough haunch. Maybe my eyes are just getting tired at the end of the work week though.

One of my "Lotto fantasies". But since I don't play the Lotto . . .
    Click here before you buy.

I call dibs on 5, 18 and 30

I call the liver chestnut, #10 I believe (sfXish).
    Rhode Islands are red;
    North Hollands are blue.
    Sorry my thoroughbreds
    Stomped on your roo. Originally Posted by pAin't_Misbehavin' :

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr View Post
    I call dibs on 5, 18 and 30
    I also like 5.. and 32 (which is listed as a gelding, but the description says filly)... and many others!

Believe me that you would be able to afford a horse there, it is the transporting to the US that will cost you. Also they have an Inward Buyer Program...if you buy at certain events they pay your airfare. http://www.irishsporthorse.com/horse...ramme.625.html
    PatO

I like #54 - quite a mover and attentive over jumps; also like 8, 14, 29 and for a greeny, 54...nice to dream.
    eventwarrior

OK. I'll play. My faves (without looking at video) are 11, 35, 39, and 49.

The Condios horse is super smart and I have seen some of his progeny eventing well.

I am an amateur and not sure if I would touch a Master Imp as they are mega talented but are normally pro rides. But they are so talented I wonder if the pain would be worth it! Imperial Master who pulled himself up at Burghley is a Master Imp and I think Polly Stockton was quoted as saying that Westwood Poser was an absolute nightmare as a youngster. I guess the best known in the US is Ringwood Magister.
    The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary.