The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results
 
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 147
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Apr. 28, 2008
    Posts
    7,210

    Default

    No showing this year but here are my boys practicing their circus moves. Love them, they are such characters:

    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...type=1&theater



  2. #22
    Join Date
    Mar. 18, 2000
    Location
    Brantford, Ontario
    Posts
    3,040

    Default

    Thank you very much, OveroHunter and ParadoxFarm. I love it too, even though my Mom asked if I was falling off in that shot when she first saw it!



  3. #23
    Join Date
    Apr. 4, 2006
    Location
    An American Living In Ireland
    Posts
    5,658

    Default

    This is me on my heart horse Abba getting ready to go for a gallop in the cut hay field. Her ears are on pheasant alert!

    http://s1204.photobucket.com/albums/...rent=009-1.jpg

    TR and PNW Jumper, always love seeing photos of your horses.

    Everyone's photo's have been awesome and I am a little teary eyed lookiing at the pictures of the horses in each of our lives that make us so happy!

    Really great thread.

    Terri
    COTH, keeping popcorn growers in business for years.

    "I need your grace to remind me to find my own." Snow Patrol-Chasing Cars. This line reminds me why I have horses.



  4. #24
    Join Date
    Apr. 4, 2006
    Location
    An American Living In Ireland
    Posts
    5,658

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fordtraktor View Post
    No showing this year but here are my boys practicing their circus moves. Love them, they are such characters:

    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...type=1&theater


    Love that!

    Terri
    COTH, keeping popcorn growers in business for years.

    "I need your grace to remind me to find my own." Snow Patrol-Chasing Cars. This line reminds me why I have horses.



  5. #25
    Join Date
    Oct. 6, 2008
    Posts
    307

    Default

    I have a couple favorites from the last show I went to this season. I usually don't buy pictures, but this was such a good show We were reserve champion and I just loved the pictures!

    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater

    Nothing special compared to some of the other pictures, but I'm proud of my guy none the less!



  6. #26
    Join Date
    Apr. 4, 2006
    Location
    An American Living In Ireland
    Posts
    5,658

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saitou_amaya View Post
    I have a couple favorites from the last show I went to this season. I usually don't buy pictures, but this was such a good show We were reserve champion and I just loved the pictures!

    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater

    Nothing special compared to some of the other pictures, but I'm proud of my guy none the less!
    Don't you ever say that again! Why is your horse less special? Does he not bring a smile to your face? Did you not indeed end up reserve champion?

    You have a lot to be proud of there. He's a lovely horse and he makes you happy! That's what it's all about!

    Terri
    COTH, keeping popcorn growers in business for years.

    "I need your grace to remind me to find my own." Snow Patrol-Chasing Cars. This line reminds me why I have horses.



  7. #27
    Join Date
    Oct. 6, 2008
    Posts
    307

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Equilibrium View Post
    Don't you ever say that again! Why is your horse less special? Does he not bring a smile to your face? Did you not indeed end up reserve champion?

    You have a lot to be proud of there. He's a lovely horse and he makes you happy! That's what it's all about!

    Terri
    Thank you so much. You actually got me a little teary eyed. He is very special to me, but I feel like some people don't realize how special he is because he is not scopey enough to ever compete over 3'. But he is very agile and adjustable and very special to me so thank you for your kind words.



  8. #28
    Join Date
    Apr. 28, 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA and New Orleans, LA
    Posts
    1,579

    Default

    Well, I was trying to add a picture from our very first dressage test ever, with Tajar letting the judge know how he feels about it (sticking his tongue out at her). But I can't seem to get it attached here -- it says the file is too big. But I've attached it before, so I don't know what is going on. I'm the most incompetent tech person I know.

    ETA: Hoping people can see the pic in this old thread by clicking the link in my original post (I did buy the photo, but the file is too big to attach)

    http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=306037
    Last edited by TarheelJD; Sep. 28, 2011 at 05:19 PM.
    Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby, to be picked up and laid down like a game of solitaire. It is a grand passion.... ~ Emerson



  9. #29
    Join Date
    Apr. 4, 2006
    Location
    An American Living In Ireland
    Posts
    5,658

    Default

    [QUOTE=saitou_amaya;5864900]Thank you so much. You actually got me a little teary eyed. He is very special to me, but I feel like some people don't realize how special he is because he is not scopey enough to ever compete over 3'. But he is very agile and adjustable and very special to me so thank you for your kind words.[/QUOTE

    The mare I will be showing next year is nothing like the one in my pictures. She is probably a horse that will top out at 3ft but that's pretty much the top of my ability now that I'm old. She makes me every bit as happy as Abba. And I definitely enjoy ridiing her more because she's sooooooo easy. It's not about what they do height wise or big show wise. It's how they make us feel on the inside. That's why I'm enjoying this thread because I'm seeing joy in everybody's faces on horses that give their owner's good days out. Well except my face because I'm not in the pics!

    You have a lot to be proud of and never forget that!

    Terri
    COTH, keeping popcorn growers in business for years.

    "I need your grace to remind me to find my own." Snow Patrol-Chasing Cars. This line reminds me why I have horses.



  10. #30
    Join Date
    Nov. 13, 2004
    Location
    City of delusion in the state of total denial
    Posts
    8,486

    Default

    (Before anyone jumps on me, I do own this photo- just don't have a scan of it.)

    This is Tip. He is a lion man. He has a lion mane.

    (This one of my sister's horse also cracks me up. Shaino and his new best friend, the tree. He likes it better when he is unbraided.)
    "I'm not always sarcastic. Sometimes I'm asleep."
    - Harry Dresden

    Horse Isle 2: Legend of the Esrohs LifeCycle Breeding and competition MMORPG



  11. #31
    Join Date
    Mar. 22, 2005
    Location
    Where it is perpetually winter
    Posts
    4,980

    Default

    I love all the ones I've gotten this year! One hasn't come yet so I can't show it to everyone ( ) but here are some of the others...

    Bought a 16x20 of this one (that hurt the bank, but the picture is worth it!): https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net..._2185058_n.jpg

    Because Vermont is pretty: https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...0_365490_n.jpg
    ^That was after we finished our round in the Vermont GP where Nikki got a ribbon - and you can't see it in that picture, but I was grinning like crazy (and when we got back to her stall with her ribbon, honestly, I hugged her neck and cried because I was so happy/overwhelmed by the journey we've been on)

    Not a professional picture, but it makes me laugh every time. For perspective, the back rail is 1.45m. https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net..._8146472_n.jpg

    Nikki really gets a kick out of overjumping: https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...70982992_n.jpg

    Nikki's "jump-hunting" face: https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net..._4999736_n.jpg

    Oops, I didn't mean to make a picture book, sorry! I'll stop now.



  12. #32
    Join Date
    Apr. 2, 2011
    Location
    Westchester, NY
    Posts
    2,496

    Default

    I wanna play! After two years of riding exclusively IHSA and jumping greenies over crossrails, I got the chance to show an amazing 1.20m horse. I had done the 1.10m as a junior but never shown as an ammy.

    First time showing as an ammy! and first time with a some-what successful auto release.
    http://hphotos-sjc1.fbcdn.net/hphoto..._5875243_n.jpg

    And my first time showing in the 1.15m (warm up ring was my first time juping 1.20m )

    http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._3200663_n.jpg

    And I love this photo...you'd never know this my OMG WHATS MY COURSE moment.

    http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._6888487_n.jpg



  13. #33
    Join Date
    Apr. 19, 2011
    Location
    Madison, GA
    Posts
    2,739

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by supershorty628 View Post
    Not a professional picture, but it makes me laugh every time. For perspective, the back rail is 1.45m. https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net..._8146472_n.jpg

    Nikki really gets a kick out of overjumping: https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...70982992_n.jpg
    I always love seeing your pics! Obviously, your horse needs a bigger fence... Looks like Puissance time!
    Southern Cross Guest Ranch
    An All Inclusive Guest Ranch Vacation - Georgia
    www.southcross.com
    RIP Bocephus March 2008 - April 2013



  14. #34
    Join Date
    Apr. 4, 2006
    Location
    An American Living In Ireland
    Posts
    5,658

    Default

    Wow, so many jumper people! Thought this was mostly hunters over here! Pleasantly surprised!

    Supershorty, I heart Nikki!

    Terri
    COTH, keeping popcorn growers in business for years.

    "I need your grace to remind me to find my own." Snow Patrol-Chasing Cars. This line reminds me why I have horses.



  15. #35
    Join Date
    Sep. 17, 2009
    Posts
    134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saitou_amaya View Post
    Thank you so much. You actually got me a little teary eyed. He is very special to me, but I feel like some people don't realize how special he is because he is not scopey enough to ever compete over 3'. But he is very agile and adjustable and very special to me so thank you for your kind words.
    Awwwww



  16. #36
    Join Date
    Apr. 3, 2003
    Location
    Up the creek from bar.ka
    Posts
    10,029

    Default

    Aero and me in the 1.15 meter class (this past weekend) for the first time. His first time and it's been about 5 years since I've had a horse to this with! In the album there are pictures from the 1.10 and 1.15 class. He jumped great despite my excitement / tension.
    You have to enter your email address to view the photos.

    http://www.photostockplus.com/home.p...unt=44&#topimg



  17. #37
    Join Date
    Apr. 3, 2003
    Location
    Up the creek from bar.ka
    Posts
    10,029

    Default

    And little Dodger Do Right. He's so cute! In the 1.0 meter class. His first time in the big Walnut ring.

    http://www.photostockplus.com/home.p...unt=44&#topimg

    My husband, unbelievably, suggested I not buy any more horse show photos.



  18. #38
    Join Date
    Sep. 26, 2011
    Posts
    38

    Default

    This one just came in the mail! Ordered an 11x14 of it

    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater



  19. #39
    Join Date
    Sep. 26, 2011
    Posts
    38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by supershorty628 View Post
    I love all the ones I've gotten this year! One hasn't come yet so I can't show it to everyone ( ) but here are some of the others...

    Bought a 16x20 of this one (that hurt the bank, but the picture is worth it!): https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net..._2185058_n.jpg

    Because Vermont is pretty: https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...0_365490_n.jpg
    ^That was after we finished our round in the Vermont GP where Nikki got a ribbon - and you can't see it in that picture, but I was grinning like crazy (and when we got back to her stall with her ribbon, honestly, I hugged her neck and cried because I was so happy/overwhelmed by the journey we've been on)

    Not a professional picture, but it makes me laugh every time. For perspective, the back rail is 1.45m. https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net..._8146472_n.jpg

    Nikki really gets a kick out of overjumping: https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...70982992_n.jpg

    Nikki's "jump-hunting" face: https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net..._4999736_n.jpg

    Oops, I didn't mean to make a picture book, sorry! I'll stop now.
    Love her!!! She makes it look so easy



  20. #40
    Join Date
    Aug. 14, 2010
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tidy rabbit View Post
    Aero and me in the 1.15 meter class (this past weekend) for the first time. His first time and it's been about 5 years since I've had a horse to this with! In the album there are pictures from the 1.10 and 1.15 class. He jumped great despite my excitement / tension.
    You have to enter your email address to view the photos.

    http://www.photostockplus.com/home.p...unt=44&#topimg
    Aero is a hunk! I love watching your YouTube videos when he practically flies over 5ft. You guys look great, as always!
    Proud member of the COTH Junior (and Junior-at-Heart!) clique!



Similar Threads

  1. Just for fun...favorite picture of your pet!
    By To the MAX in forum The Menagerie
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: Oct. 29, 2012, 10:18 AM
  2. Favorite Jumping Picture of You and Your Horse
    By EverAfter in forum Hunter/Jumper
    Replies: 109
    Last Post: Jan. 30, 2012, 12:16 PM
  3. Favorite Horse picture...
    By Simbalism in forum Off Course
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Dec. 21, 2011, 01:20 AM
  4. What's your favorite photo from the 09 breeding season.
    By misita in forum Sport Horse Breeding
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: Feb. 17, 2010, 08:38 AM
  5. Favorite picture?
    By piccolittle in forum Eventing
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: Nov. 26, 2007, 02:36 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •