The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default The "I love fall" thread!

Fall is my favorite time of year around horses. The days are cool yet beautiful, the light is yellow and gorgeous, and the horses are at their best after a summer in work. It doesn't get much better. I really enjoy seeing the horses blast around happily after watching them mope in the summer heat and bugs. Share pics/clips/stories of you and your ponies enjoying the fall!

Yearling playing with old jumper and pony today: http://www.youtube.com/user/Fordtrak.../1/YVuJgJAPLf4

TB upon realizing the others were having fun without him:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Fordtrak.../0/amHWcY-IZ9Y
    Last edited by fordtraktor; Sep. 26, 2011 at 09:20 PM.

Don't have any pics to share but I agree with you 100%! I LOVE the fall, it is my favorite time of year!!! The weather is perfect for riding and I love the beautiful sunset in the evening!

Don't really have any Photos to show you but when i want some artsy photos or some seasonal thing i always go on this website to admire people work! http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&q=horse+fall

I unfortunately don't have pictures either but a life-long New England girl here - fall is my FAVORITE season! Best time for riding, cool and no bugs!
    Fall down six times, stand up seven.

Quote Originally Posted by Junior Jumper View Post
    I unfortunately don't have pictures either but a life-long New England girl here - fall is my FAVORITE season! Best time for riding, cool and no bugs!
    I love the coolness and the no bugs too! But i don't like it when the weather here get's bipolar around here. from 80 to 60 to 85 to 50....ahhh just make up your mind

These are my on photos i took one day recently. http://s1217.photobucket.com/albums/...cpZZ1QQtppZZ16

I love fall but don't tell that to our very furry pony who started growing her fur fervently in August. After a 30 min ride today she looked like she'd been in a 300 mile endurance ride Near 80s today, gonna be in the 60s later this week. Crazy temperature swings, that's what fall is like here in VA!

I love it so much that I take 2 weeks vacation every year! My birthday and my wedding anniversary are in the last 2 weeks of September, and it's usually the best weather of the year. This year, though, it's been rainy and muggy, and I have no doubt that the second I go back to work it will be 65-70, sunny and low humidity.
    Life would be infinitely better if pinatas suddenly appeared throughout the day.

lucky ducks! Its still in the 70's here with the threat of rain which means CRAZY humidity (96% tomorrow). I went to teach a lesson today and my girls were dying! Were all praying for fall weather

Love the hacking and the gorgeous fall colours!

AND there are no bugs!

Quote Originally Posted by Mayaty02 View Post
    I love fall but don't tell that to our very furry pony who started growing her fur fervently in August. After a 30 min ride today she looked like she'd been in a 300 mile endurance ride Near 80s today, gonna be in the 60s later this week. Crazy temperature swings, that's what fall is like here in VA!
    Ha! My boys (horses) all have their gorgeous sleek shiny fall supercoats and the fuzzy pony looks like dead winter has set in.

It is her first winter with us, she obviously didn't get the memo that I am happy to provide her with all the pretty coats she desires -- she doesn't need to grow her own. Darn!

I'd love fall a lot more if it hadn't been pouring down rain for the past... what, week? Grr.
    Trying a life outside of FEI tents and hotel rooms.

Just had one of the prettiest fall photo sessions... check out Bailey! http://www.doryltuohey.com/blog/2011...nd-bailey.html

Quote Originally Posted by dorytuo View Post
    Just had one of the prettiest fall photo sessions... check out Bailey! http://www.doryltuohey.com/blog/2011...nd-bailey.html
    Beautiful! The fall colors really flatter the horse
    Trying a life outside of FEI tents and hotel rooms.

I'm jealous. Fall is my favorite season and ... well, the weather hasn't been cooperating. It is so humid and wet and the bugs.are.not.dying! I feel like I was transplanted to a rainforest lately I can't wait for the crisp, cool air and fall colors and light.

Beautiful pictures, dorytuo!

I'd love fall a little more if it didn't get dark so early! I rode as soon as I got home from work yesterday and took a short trail ride to cool out and it was dark by the time I turned him back out!
    Southern Cross Guest Ranch
    An All Inclusive Guest Ranch Vacation - Georgia

Love this weather. Especially after what seemed like the HOTTEST summer ever. We took the jumpers out for a two-hour trail ride on Sunday with the dogs. They all seemed to love it. My husband and I did, too. The horses didn't even spook at the cows we had to ride through on part of the trail. (though my Malinois did start to chase one before I caught him...shhhh. Bad doggy.)

I don't have pictures and I didn't even have hot weather here in Ireland but my horses are just having the best time the past couple of weeks. There are great little professionals under saddle but when they are outside the tomfoolery has been hysterical. And the lovely coats that have come in are gorgeous. Yeah, I'm gonna clip it all off because I don't have a free hour on each to dry off properly after working, but for now the velvet dark shiny coats are gorgeous!

I love fall!

Terri
    COTH, keeping popcorn growers in business for years.

"I need your grace to remind me to find my own." Snow Patrol-Chasing Cars. This line reminds me why I have horses.

at first I thought the thread was titled "I love to Fall" and I was thinking, what?!?!?!
    I WAS a proud member of the *I'm In My 20's and Hope to Be a Good Rider Someday* clique..but now I am 30!!!!!!!!!!!
    My new blog about my Finger Lakes Finest:
    She Ain't No Small Potato!

at first I thought the thread was titled "I love to Fall" and I was thinking, what?!?!?!
    bahahahaha. That would be an interesting thread.
    Charlie Brown (1994 bay TB X gelding)
    White Star (2004 grey TB gelding)

Mystical Moment, 1977-2010.