The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Openings in Peter Atkins clinic (IN) Oct 22 & 23

Just heard today that there are still 8 openings in the Peter Atkins clinic in Springville, IN October 22nd & 23rd. I know it is the same weekend as Team Challenge @ KHP, but this is going to be an awesome clinic so I recommend it to anyone who can come! I'm riding, but I'd also like to see it full so that I can watch others and learn more

Price is very reasonable - $240 to ride/$20 to audit. Includes a 1.5 hr Grids/SJ group lesson on Saturday and a 2 hr XC group lesson on Sunday. Water and lunches provided both days. It is at a great facility run by awesome people and the riders that I know are going so far are all fabulous & fun.

PM me if you'd like more information or want me to get you in touch with the organizer.

ETA: Also, stabling is only $20 per night or $30 for both nights and includes bedding.
    I have Higher Standards... do you?

"For the love of my horse, I know who I am."

Smile

I'm going. It should be fun and a great learning experience!

Default Maybe

I'm really hoping to audit! It is a really nice place for a clinic. Maybe see some Cother's there!
    Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. Goethe

Where is the clinic being held and how do we get a hold of an entry form?

I would strongly suggest going! He helped my horse and I SO much!!! I wish there was some way I could make it work! Boy do i love him!

I have an email attachment about it, but it isn't on the IEA website... It is at BeaHive Ranch in Springville, IN. I think you can Google the farm (on Popcorn Rd.) and maybe get a phone number that way.

Default I have

I have the registration form and contact info. Just PM me with an e-mail address if interested.
    Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. Goethe

I'm waitlisted for Midsouth - this would be a great alternative! I think I will check to see where I am on the list, if I'm pretty far down I can pull it so I can make other plans

Looking forward to meeting some of you there! @Chouteau, if you find out you can make it, let me know and I can send you the entry form and contact info.

Thank you all so much - just loving COTH today! I was 47th in line @ MidSouth, apparently they were full on day two & entries still haven't closed. (BTW the secretary there, Debbie, is fabulous - she was so very responsive and nice, even delivering the bad news, now I know to enter on day one next year!)
    I had the same fabulous experience with the clinic organizer so I pulled my HT entry & entered the clinic I've only ventured out of area IV once (this year's AECs) so I am excited to widen my circle a bit!

Quote Originally Posted by Chouteau View Post
    Thank you all so much - just loving COTH today! I was 47th in line @ MidSouth, apparently they were full on day two & entries still haven't closed. (BTW the secretary there, Debbie, is fabulous - she was so very responsive and nice, even delivering the bad news, now I know to enter on day one next year!)
    I had the same fabulous experience with the clinic organizer so I pulled my HT entry & entered the clinic I've only ventured out of area IV once (this year's AECs) so I am excited to widen my circle a bit!
    Sweet! So glad that you are able to make it Chouteau - I look forward to meeting you!

Update: I spoke to the organizers yesterday and there are just 4 spots left now. So, if anyone else is on the waiting list for Mid South and needs an alternative for a great weekend, you might think about doing what Chouteau did... or even if you weren't planning on going to Mid South... I really recommend coming to this! Peter is seriously awesome - my favorite clinician I've ever ridden with. Let's get these spots full! PM me if you need an entry form or contact info for the organizers. Thanks!

I highly recommend riding with Peter if you can swing it. I've ridden with him three times now and always come away from the experience a better, safer rider and feeling on top of the world....well, except for that one time, but that was my fault.

Were it not for a vacation that's scheduled for this same weekend, I would absolutely be riding in this clinic. Did I mention that I tried to talk the hubster into moving our trip when I found out about this clinic? That went over like a lead balloon, but that's how much I don't want to miss an opportunity to ride with Peter. So if you're on the fence, allow me to push you over....sign up, peeps!
    "If ever I did not have a horse or dog in my keeping, I should feel I had lost touch with the earth." ~Beryl Markham

Last update - 2 spots left! If you're waivering, act quick!