The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Will Rambo Optimo heavy liner work with my Rambo original sheet?

My horse needs a better "heavy" - as in 400g heavy. The one he has barely covers his buttocks I love the idea of the Rambo Optimo, but it's soooo expensive. I already have a Rambo Original waterproof sheet. Will the Optimo liner fit or attach to the Original?? Anyone know?

Is it a Rambo Original in green/red or green/silver? The newer green/silver ones have the third ring on the neck for attaching a Rambo liner (other two are for the hood). The red trimmed ones don't have rings at all.
    Why do I work two jobs to support a horse I don't have time to ride?

I am pretty sure it's the red and green. I got it 2 yrs ago. Darnit.

Those rings are pretty darn easy to add, if that's all you are lacking. I've done it with mine. I've also taken old stable blankets and modified them with velcro to make them into liners. I won't win any prizes for looks with the sewing I do, but it does the job.

I'd do the Rambo Duo liner rather than the Optimo. I can't imagine the Optimo liner fitting under a non-Optimo sheet/blanket, thanks to that crazy gusset.

I happen to have a Duo, I absolutely love the concept and when I was working at the barn it was easy for me to keep ontop of the liners with the weather here. I would be glad to get some pics for you of how they attach, if youre interested.

The liner has two velcro pieces on either side of the withers that attach to two rectangular rings on the inside of the "shell". The liners also have two clips at the rear which attach to the tail cord hook.

Im from CT and with the winter weather, sometimes the blankets they wear at night are too heavy for them during the day and being at a boarding facility, and a pretty large one (usually 50 horses), the "help" that is responsible for feeding and blanket changing gets very confused by the liner, a few times I came to the barn and found my horse literally standing on the liner, because the help removed the outer shell and the liner alone only has one closure at the front so in turnout it slid around my horses neck and under his feet. If you have good barn help, or change blankets on your own, it obviously shouldnt happen.

Let me know if you want pics, or measurements, would be glad to help