The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Question Monogrammed Folding Chair as Gifts/Prizes

Anyone know where to get a folding director/deck chair with custom monogramming? I know some shows/associations give them as prizes, having seen monogrammed ones at trials.

Like these:
    http://www.coleman.com/coleman/Colem...tegoryID=10010

http://www.nextag.com/Picnic-Time-Bl...382E44BD62737C

I have Googled lots but can't find a site that customizes. But I've seen them at trials! Would like to purchase a couple for personalized Christmas gifts. I admit I want one for myself, too with a solid back like the first link as they seem more supportive for my bad back than the slouchy bag chair.

Look up Brandt Blanket Company on Facebook. They have some really nice things!
    Only two emotions belong in the saddle: One is a sense of humor. The other is patience.

This company has made all our halters for a few years now and they are very, very nice ones and the stitching very good.
    Here is their chairs, I have not seen them in person.
    They may have other models, if you ask them, they will get you whatever you want, or you may like some other personalized product better:

http://www.monogrammedhorsehalters.c...ort-chair.html

Buy or order the chairs you like, take off the back piece of fabric and take it in to a local monagramming shop to have done. Most can make a unique design for your gift, farm or show chairs, that will be very nice looking. Then you put the fabric back on the chair again when done.

Schneiders

Valley Vet supply has monogrammed chairs, halters, etc.

Schneiders, or Dover or Smith Brothers if you can handle their shipping rates. I ordered about ten chairs from Smith Brothers last year for year end awards (not monogrammed - I have a friend who does that on the side for me) and I ordered them out of their sale catalog for $29.99 each but it was an additional $10 shipping each, on top of their regular shipping cost. Still came out to about the same as what other places charged, but only because I got them on sale.
    It's not about the color of the ribbon but the quality of the ride. Having said that, I'd like the blue one please!

Default Thanks for the info

I didn't realize the catalogs sold them (I put a mail-stop on them). Thanks for the info!

Sounds like the most economical and varied choice would be to purchase the chair I want and find someone to monogram it. Would those mall kiosk places do it?

Also, would a chair with a solid back like this be impossible to monogram?

Anything that slips off can be mongrammed and I am thinking that Coleman aluminum chair has a slip off back since the seat slips off (or looks like it). But 60 is a little high PLUS monogramming and shipping.

You can find them local if you look, take the back off and to a good local place-most award supply and engraving places can help you find somebody if they don't so it.

It's just clip art downloaded to a drive or tape and loaded on the embroidery machine. NBD. BUT, they won't be able to do them while you wait, depending on your design it could take 15 to 40 minutes per item and there will be some already ahead of you. Have to leave it, usually for a week or so. Would not pick a mall kiosk over a long established business.

Some places dawdle a bit so calling regularly is a good idea. Prices usually are per character or can be based on the total number of stitches in the design and usually don't get a price break until you have at least a dozen of the same thing.

You can usally add a "name drop", adding the persons name, at a real reasonable rate since it's minimal stitches and they have the "templates" right there and use them all the time.
    When opportunity knocks it's wearing overalls and looks like work.

The horse world. Two people. Three opinions.

Places that make shirts can and will do this as well since they usually have a monogram machine.
    Adoring fan of A Fine Romance
    Originally Posted by alicen:
    What serious breeder would think that a horse at that performance level is push button? Even so, that's still a lot of buttons to push.

Yeah but...some tee shirt places do not have the heavy duty needles and maybe extra width machine to do canvas or heavy fabrics which is why alot of light weight shops don't take horse blankets either.
    When opportunity knocks it's wearing overalls and looks like work.

The horse world. Two people. Three opinions.

Here's a link to the ones I bought:

http://www.smithbrothers.com/product.asp?pn=X3-27597

Currently $40 + $10 shipping. They may be in the closeout or coupon sections for cheaper. The back actually has a little bit of padding to it, so the girl who embroidered them for me had to cut the stitching to pull the padding out to do them and then sew the seam back together.
    It's not about the color of the ribbon but the quality of the ride. Having said that, I'd like the blue one please!

Nothing says "I love you" like a tractor. (Clydejumper)

The reports states, ā€œElizabeth reported that she accidently put down this pony, ........, at the show.ā€

Big D in ohio has them too!
    http://www.bigdweb.com/DIRECTORS-CHA...ductinfo/5846/
    I see them on sale from time to time