The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 27 of 475 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777127 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by spacytracy View Post
    Can't see pics Such a tease!!

Here's my pony, with me on him
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=3&theater

And with the DD on him this summer
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...type=3&theater

Sorry! Photos should be set to public. If anyone can/can't see them, please let me know and I'll recheck my settings.

ST, your ponies are so cute! I can see your photos just fine. Thanks!
    It's 2015. Do you know where your old horse is?

Hi All! I'm a rerider of 7 years. I've owned my mare for 6 years. lately instead of hunter/jumper stuff, we've been doing reining. we've been having a blast! anyway, wanted to say hi!

Hi Hoosier!!! Ive always wanted to try reining. I rode a horse of my farrier's once and it was awesome. He showed me how to make him spin and that was a BLAST.

Thanks pony, Lucky is definitely my heart pony. I just love him.

I love your big grey! Just gorgeous!

So... I know I shouldn't but I'm so bored being laid up so I started looking on dreamhorse. More to just see what the market is like. BIG mistake. I found my (on paper, at least) perfect pony.

Can I put links to sales ads on here?

Agree about ponies, first horse I ever galloped on was a MEDIUM pony. Great little guy!

Forcast for yesterday- 65 and sunny. Reality- 50 and light rain. Got to the barn in on and off rain and decided to give it a try. First time ever round-penning yesterday, luckily my trainer was in the arena working one her young horses and was able to guide me through the process. Also luckily horsie dear knows the drill quite well.

We had a short but uneventful ride. Thought it was a good idea to pack it in before I got chilled.

Plan is to ride the next two days.

So... I know I shouldn't but I'm so bored being laid up so I started looking on dreamhorse. More to just see what the market is like. BIG mistake. I found my (on paper, at least) perfect pony.

Can I put links to sales ads on here?
    I think you can link to ads if you're not the seller.

But yeah, I do that too. I'll go on equine.com and the other places and poke around to see what's out there. I usually find a couple that make my heart go pitter-patter AND are actually in my current (Like what I could cobble together if I had to buy RIGHT. NOW.) price range. Sometimes I even save some of the info and a photo as a reference so I know what kinds of horses I'm looking at, why I'm looking at them, what I like or didn't like about them, etc.

I figure it'll be good research for when I actually do go out and start looking seriously. It's a killer though, when you find a horse that meets pretty much all your requirements, and you know you can't have them.

Oh, here's a guy I've been (kinda) lusting after for the past few weeks. He's listed as 15'3, and would prefer at least 16h, and he's about 2 years older than what I'd like. But everything else is perfect. Even his color:
    http://www.equine.com/horses-for-sal...d-1601322.html

Quote Originally Posted by iechris View Post
    Forcast for yesterday- 65 and sunny. Reality- 50 and light rain.
    We've had 70s here for the past few weeks, with a cold snap here and there. But Monday - my lesson day? A high of 58. And with me riding in the morning, it'll probably be more like 45 or 50.

(Sorry. I'm a whiny little redneck when it comes to the cold.)
    Last edited by Opus1; Dec. 31, 2011 at 11:21 AM.
    The dude abides ...

Why!?!?!?! Did you show me him??? He's adorable!!! And in my eh, erm, stretching price range.

This is who I'm lusting after:
    http://www.dreamhorse.com/show_horse...rse_id=1750786

If I could talk them down a couple grand! Truth? I did email the seller on Thursday, haven't heard anything back

Oh, wait -- let me find this other guy I really liked ... He was cheap and seemed like he would clean up well and be a great riding buddy. He's a Morgan-QH-Belgian cross.

http://www.equine.com/horses-for-sal...d-1594657.html
    The dude abides ...

Ooh! He's cute too! A diamond in the rough, maybe? Truthfully its hard to tell in the winter, my pony is (IMO) downright adorable but with his winter scruffies he looks terrible.

Yikes, he's 8 hrs away from me....a BIT out of my driving radius.

Yeah, he's a ways up there. But for $1,800, well ... Of course, most of the horses I'm finding are WAY out of my driving range, so I have to stop and think about possible plane tickets and trailering, etc.

I like the guy you posted, too! I'm a sucker for blacks with four white socks. Which would explain me looking at possible shires/shire crosses, in addition to the palominos. The only downside with shires it seems is that to get one I could afford I'd have to buy a baby/2-year old. And I really don't think I'd want to get a horse I'd have to start from scratch. Well, pay a trainer to start from scratch.
    The dude abides ...

Agreed, I just want a pop-on and ride horse. I definitely can't afford him but he's flipping cute!!

The barn is doing a good job of having horses I can ride while my guy is on stall rest. Today I had a nice ride on a mare that is coming back after sinus surgery. She's a real sweetie, but has been off work for months. I guess the plan is to ride a lot of different horses, just in case I have to start horse shopping.

If you liked my grey, his half brother is for sale in Michigan. Same sire, Loyal Pal, and mom is also an Irish TB. Name is Shades of Grey on Exchangehj.com. From the video, they both go the same, and seem to have a similar disposition per the sales ad.

Here's the link to the ad.
    http://exchangehunterjumper.com/list...desOfGrey.html

Beautiful sunny day, so I'm off to see what needs to be done outside.

Thanks for the welcome Spacy!
    My trainer is an awesome all around trainer. she likes her arabians because they're short. like some of you all prefer. i like that she agreed with me to do something completely different, because the mare seems happier for it. although, my daughter thinks the mare would prefer to jump year round. ;-)

Happy New Year my fellow Re-riders!
    Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby, to be picked up and laid down like a game of solitaire. It is a grand passion.... ~ Emerson

Yay to 2012!

Tarheel, when is your riding date? I know you said you couldn't ride til the new year. Hope its soon!

I have a dr appt next Fri, it'll be about 5 1/2 weeks since my surgery. I'm hoping he says at 8 weeks I can ride. I think last time he said 6, but I waited until 8 for my own comfort. I think I might try to get a support of some sort - a girdle or something - to help.

My trainer posted a photo of me on FB. She took it last week when I was hacking out in a field. It's been a while since I saw a photo of myself from the side:

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-S.../me_riding.jpg

I'm a total fat ass. Pretty sure that photo's my wake up call going into the new year. I mean, I knew I was hefty, but seeing me from the side? Eeesh.
    The dude abides ...

OMG are you insane!?!? That photo is awesome! I love the reflection in the water!!! You look great!

Listen, we all have room for improvement. My body does not look like it used to. Stuff just kind of....hangs.

My stomach at this point is like an old lumpy pillow. I call it "Google Maps" from all the scars. Its not pretty.

I think you look great but I understand that hearing it and thinking it are two seperate things!!!!

I tried to ride my older guy today and he was Ok at the walk and good at the trot on the left and then shook his head constantly at the trot at the right. I was so mad, he is such a butt. His bit was a sprenger with a little lozenge in the middle loose ring. I don't think the bit is the issue.

I'm thinking of bringing my OTTB back first of March. I need to ride, my marriage sucks-we barely speak-and my work is hard. I just want to ride and jump and stop thinking that my horse will break into a million pieces any minute. My OTTB is with a great trainer 30 minutes away at a very nice place where he gets pasture turnout daily.

Tracy-you look great on your cute horse. Hope you are feeling better.

Spacytracy - Saturday the 7th is the day! I can't wait. I love the family I've been seeing over the holidays, but I miss Tajar and a regular routine. When I get back, I going to follow through on my plan to spend a couple of weekends on one of my trainers old "been there, done that" horses for arena lessons, and just hack Tajar out in the pasture. It will give me some time to work on me and just enjoy the ride when I am on T.

Hope you get a good report from your doctor!

Opus - I think that is an amazing picture! The reflection is beautiful.
    Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby, to be picked up and laid down like a game of solitaire. It is a grand passion.... ~ Emerson

OMG are you insane!?!? That photo is awesome! I love the reflection in the water!!! You look great!
    Thanks. I'm usually not one to beat myself up over my weight, or how I think I look. But I did need kind of a wake up call. I've been putting off working out and getting serious about my diet, just because it's so easy to think it's OK. I mean, I live in rural Ga., so being 175 actually feels like I'm on the normal side.

I know how to lose weight. I know I need to. It's just a matter of wanting to.
    The dude abides ...