The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 152 of 342 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154162202252 ... LastLast
Results 3,021 to 3,040 of 6826

Rebels princess- it is so exciting when our babies start learning!! Good luck with her.

Paradox farm- I will join up for sure! I need weight loss and strength, but alas with my green bean going back into training and showing season starting I can not join a gym. We shall see how this works out.

I joined the group. Now what do we do?
    I heard a neigh. Oh, such a brisk and melodious neigh as that was! My very heart leaped with delight at the sound. --Nathaniel Hawthorne

OK I admit I am not very computer savvy but how do I find this group? The website calls for just a sign up.

Click on "Home" at the top of the page once you have registered at MyFitnessPal. Then click on "message boards" on the left of the screen. You will see that "groups" will then appear at the top of the page. Click on that, and you can search for coth reriders and join.
    Last edited by Dewey; Mar. 5, 2013 at 06:35 AM.
    I heard a neigh. Oh, such a brisk and melodious neigh as that was! My very heart leaped with delight at the sound. --Nathaniel Hawthorne

1 members found this post helpful.

Thanks Dewey!! All signed up

Default would it be ok if I joined the group?

I need to gain some more weight and get in shape.
    I know it sounds weird the two, but I just lost to much when my stroke happened and have tried everything to gain it back to a healthy weight. I am currently at 110( started out at 100+/-. Before the stroke 165+/- lost over night literally would not suggest that as diet ) to little for me. I should be at 115-120. And well muscle mass is nearly nonexsitant.

For some reason I am still as flexable as I was when I was 13 as in I can still "walk done wall's" and still bend myself into pretzels. But can not get the muscles back. shrug..

pretty please can I can I with strawberrys on top...
    Friend of bar .ka

I'm skipping the fitness group for reasons I'd rather not get into. But all of you who are signing up, have a great time!

Anyway... Feronia is still lame The vet came yesterday and as is usual for this horse, nothing that goes wrong with her is ever simple! She had a very similar lameness back in October -- just suddenly went lame on the right front at the trot for no discernible reason.

So... her X-rays showed, as they did in October, that the foramen (channel in the pastern that takes blood vessels and nerves to the hoof) is inflamed. Remember in October it was so big that the vet initially thought it was a fracture! Vet now thinks it's chronic, due to that leg's conformation (she toes in, the cannon bone is offset, and she has a huge splint), so when she suffers some trauma to that leg, it will be worse for her. She also is pretty arthritic in the fetlock.

Her hooves, as usual, are strong, though it does look like she blew two abscesses in the RF, just below the heel bulbs sometime in past few weeks. And was never lame from it. WTF horse????

The vet wants to try Tildren injections to see if that will reduce the inflammation. I'm actually filing an insurance claim because Tildren is expensive and I may have to get an MRI of the bad leg before we can treat it.

She also needs to have the hooves trimmed differently and I am just hoping that my farrier (who is coming on Thursday) won't be a prima donna about having the vet's input. This guy is pretty good; I fired the last guy in October precisely because he won't listen to the vet (and had done a very bad job for a long time...)

Luckily once her shoes are back on, I can ride her at the walk as long as she's even. So it's time to get out the bareback pad... she's super comfy bareback.

but, ugh!!!!
    You have to have experiences to gain experience.

Proudly owned by Mythic Feronia, 1998 Morgan mare; G-dspeed Trump & Minnie; welcome 2014 Morgan filly MtnTop FlyWithMeJosephine

Bumknees, absolutely join the fitness group. We should just call it a health group! I hate to bring all the health and fitness stuff to COTH in fear we will get shut down. . That's why I created the group. Let's keep each other motivated.

Quietann, I'm so sorry to hear about your horse's mystery ailment. It is so hard to pinpoint what is bothering the horses. Good luck, and definitely check with your insurance!
    Last edited by ParadoxFarm; Mar. 5, 2013 at 06:35 PM.
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”
    ¯ Oscar Wilde

Quietann, I am so sorry about the mystery lameness. One thing that I added to both of my horses feed is an anti-inflamatory supplement. The older one is the reason I started it but my trainer has noticed that the younger OTTB has been more able to handle the lateral movements and collection better on the supplement. I was getting low on it and so I stopped feeding it to the young TB and she complained that he was getting stiff and not as willing, so I mentioned that he had not been on the supplement for the last two weeks. He is back on it and is better. Just a thought, I wanted to cover my bases.

Hope she gets better, I have heard of several good outcomes with Tildren.

pony4me and quietann -- so , so sorry to hear that your horses are off. Hope both are on the mend and all better soon.

I am in on the "myfitnesspal.com" thing as well. Might as well, I can't seem to get motivated, so maybe this will do the trick!

Sounds like everything is going great classyride! Your posts are always so entertaining!

Going to our first show in almost 9 months this weekend. Given how little work we've done in the last 9 months, we'll just be doing flat classes, and I have fairly low expectations for pinning very well if it all, but it will be fun and help us get back in the swing of things! I'll report back Monday!
    Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby, to be picked up and laid down like a game of solitaire. It is a grand passion.... ~ Emerson

pony4me, hope you're "pony" is feeling better soon.

stolenvirtue, what supplement do you use for anti-inflamatory?

Tarheel, GOOD LUCK! I was supposed to show this weekend, but neither me nor my pony are ready for it. I hope to be soon.
    ¯ Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by ParadoxFarm View Post
    Tarheel, GOOD LUCK! I was supposed to show this weekend, but neither me nor my pony are ready for it. I hope to be soon.
    Thanks! We're probably not really ready either, but what the heck. It is going to be a beautiful weekend and we'll have fun no matter what.
    Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby, to be picked up and laid down like a game of solitaire. It is a grand passion.... ~ Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by ParadoxFarm View Post
    stolenvirtue, what supplement do you use for anti-inflamatory?
    I use Smartpak TLC and the Omega 3. They seem to be doing a good job and are not too expensive.

Good luck and have fun Tarheel! Let us know how it goes.

Hey has anyone heard from Pancakes? I'm dying to know how she and her new horse are doing!

It's still freezing and snowy and icy up here. If spring doesn't arrive soon I just don't know how I'm going to manage. I've had enough!

Sky and I will be showing this weekend as well--our first away show!

Quote Originally Posted by Dewey View Post
    Sky and I will be showing this weekend as well--our first away show!
    YAY! Where are ya'll headed (if it is OK to ask). We'll be at HJ Fox in Conyers.

Thanks, HazelG!

Sylvania. This is our little local circuit. This is my first visit to this venue--we haven't used it before.

Hazel, hang in there!

A friend of mine suggested today that we go to a jumper show to do the super tiny jumpers in less than 2 weeks. Eep!

I can probably do it...I might wet my pants though!

Good luck everyone at your shows this weekend!!!

I plan on taking my boy on a trail ride this weekend. I have started working with him again ( he has had off since beg of December) So I think a nice ride out with some hill work will be good for both of us.

Those of you showing and trail riding, enjoy! I hope to get a few good rides in this weekend, too. Just at home, though! Not sure when the next show is that I'll be able to go to. Probably not till May. But it's okay, I need the time to get us both back in shape.
    ¯ Oscar Wilde