The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Nice Review of the Ohio "WEF", the Country Heir Winter Series at Roberts Arena!

Our barn had been to both shows so far this winter and it's been great. Frankie is doing a wonderful job!
    http://deloiseinamerica.com/2016/02/08/game-changer/
    Last edited by carasmom; Feb. 8, 2016 at 07:20 PM. Reason: .

This is a really interesting write-up. I wish we had an outstanding indoor facility like that here in the NW! Our winter show options are pretty thin on the ground...

This makes me really happy and excited. I also loved all the trainers volunteering to do demonstrations/clinic type things during the circuit. I think that's great. We can all stand to learn stuff, even after our junior years, and goodness knows there are a dozen ways to skin a cat or (more appropriately) clip a horse, LOL.

Friends of mine has a fatal injury with their horse this weekend at Roberts and have said nothing but amazing things on how everyone has taken them under their wings and took care of everything financially for them during this tragic time. They are very grateful for all of the staff and especially the Roberts.

Quote Originally Posted by dorthyinoz View Post
    Friends of mine has a fatal injury with their horse this weekend at Roberts and have said nothing but amazing things on how everyone has taken them under their wings and took care of everything financially for them during this tragic time. They are very grateful for all of the staff and especially the Roberts.
    Condolences to all, my trainer was at the ring when it happened.

My condolences as well. . .That is awful.

I have been to a few shows at this facility, only one as a vendor as another tack shop has apparently purchased the rights to be exclusive, much to the surprise of a lot of my clientele, myself and other vendors that were going to attend, which leaves me running back and forth a bit.

The facility is quite nice, the article is correct that the barns can be a bit confusing! She is also correct about needing more jumpers. . . There seems to be no competition at once you go above the 1.20 m, but that will come with time, hopefully. I also agree that adding another ring will help tremendously both with schooling, and hopefully ending the days a bit sooner!

Overall the facility is a great addition to the Midwest circuit, they are experiencing growing pains, but that is not uncommon for any new venue. Frankie is a veteran and will no doubt continue to do a great job.
    Amanda K
    (Booger and Penny's mom)
    www.indyequestrian.com

After reading this article I'm sooo tempted to go for a road trip for a few days just to drool over the venue and watch some horses go. Seems like a neat place!

http://www.robertsarena.com/
    For a bit more information.

I loved showing there as a kid. This was almost 20 years ago, before the renovations they've done, but it was still the absolutely best place to show in the winter. I have the best memories of showing there. I would totally make the drive back there to show again given the chance, especially now that it's gotten all fancy.

Before you could stay on the grounds there, we would get together with another family or two and rent cabins at a nearby state park and stay there. The moms would take turns cooking dinner for everyone on the nights that there wasn't exhibitor pizza parties (I had to laugh at the pics of the boxes of Donatos pizza in the blog post...still the same pizza being served!).

dont mean this in a negative way, think its funny. The way they strung together all the previously free standing barns and old arenas under "one roof" was to use a technique that creats a Hamster Habitat type arrangement. Like you go thru long tubes to each building and pass thru each barn to shorter tubes until you reach yours. Each barn does have direct outside access, most to the parking area.

What happened with the accident, PM me.
    When opportunity knocks it's wearing overalls and looks like work.

The horse world. Two people. Three opinions.