The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Lesson Barns Gainesville/Ocala

I was hoping to get a list of some good barns to take hunter/jumper lessons at in the Gainesville or Ocala area. I am about an hour from either place. I am looking to improve my jumping skills, as I know I have a horrible tendency to jump ahead. However, I will never be able to show the A circuit, so I need a place that lets you trailer in, and has the understanding that I probably won't show with them, just really want to ride the best I can. May do Quarter Horse hunters later. Also, if you know prices of lessons, that would be great.

I have a number for Quiet Hill, but wasn't positive about outside horses or prices.

I have ridden and shown horses now for 24 years, I have jumped, pony clubbed up to my C2 level, foxhunted, ridden cross country jumps, schooled to dressage to Level 1. I won world champion at the Palomino World Show in hunter hack, so not a total beginner.
    \"I never play horseshoes \'cause Mother taught us not to throw our clothes around,\" ~ Mr. Ed

i have a small farm in williston just between ocala and g-ville. have a very nice young lady that boards with me that is a wonderful teacher. we have event horses but dabble in the hunters. no pressure to show or be perfect. just come do what you love to do
    have a full stadium course and lit dressage arena.
    www.camaloufarms.com

ride it like you stole it! "ralph hill"

Check out Ella Rukin at Wynfield Farms. She's very patient and focused on the details.

I suggest contacting the University of Florida equestrian team. They are training with Courtney Williams from Hunters Edge Equestrian Center, but I'm sure they will have some other suggestions for barns in the area.

Contact info for the captains and Courtney is on the bottom of this page.
    http://sites.google.com/site/ufeques...hunt-seat-team

Great trainer in Ocala, Chris Hickey, now located just a few miles from the HITS showgrounds. You can contact him on facebook at Starting Point Sport Horses or email him. PM me for contact info

Default WYNFIELD FARM!!!

I sent you a message on FB but I also second Ella Rukin. My baby girl will be lessoning with her as soon as she can sit up, lol. She is great and can see things that some trainers forget about and tailors her lessons to the individual and the horse.
    Visit my website @ http://hihorsefarm.tripod.com (PONIES!)
    and
    http://heidalaycavaliers.tripod.com (Cavalier King Charles Spaniels)

Look up Sasha Unger (I think I have the last name correct). She will travel to your place I think. There are a lot of farms close to HITS to check out as well. Do a search.

Hi M!

Your dad was out to my place this week...

RICHARD WATSON !!!

I can give you a phone number or email.

Cindy

Hey C!

I should get with you but I know you are usually busy in the winter with hunting (which is sometimes the only time I am not a wimp and ride because of the heat!)

How is my friend the Wiz?

I am getting James back in shape slowly!
    \"I never play horseshoes \'cause Mother taught us not to throw our clothes around,\" ~ Mr. Ed