The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Clarksdale, MS--the golden buckle on the cotton belt

Default Brits--Another IDSH stallion m.j. Fine Art

His sire line has been in the same family for three horse generations. From what I understand, he's an excellent stallion with very good rideability and trainability from a line of British bred ISH dressage horses. It seems that he has either done or trained GP dressage, and he has been the mount of a winning paradressage rider. However, he has no FEI record that I can find.

I'd love more information about him. Someone on the H & H forum said that he had sired the top selling eventing pony prospect at some big sale this year.
    Last edited by vineyridge; Sep. 22, 2011 at 03:58 PM.
    "I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay."
    Thread killer Extraordinaire

I've seen this stallion (Finn to his friends) both at home and in competition. He is a dude. He's smaller at 16.1 and has very correct conformation and a wonderful temperament. His paces are typical Irish Sport Horse paces (ie not warmblood) but they are good and he has real talent for piaffe and passage. His owner is also his rider and she is an amateur. I believe he is the first horse she's trained to Grand Prix. He competes at National level and has qualfied for the National championships several times.

His competition record is here and as you can see he not only wins at Grand Prix he can also hold his own in hot company (the premier league shows) He's a lovely boy and deserves to get a lot more mares than he does. How many stallions are there that are proven at Grand Prix with an amateur rider and who are easy to ride and quiet to handle and who have stayed sound throughout?
    http://www.britishdressage.co.uk/res...se_record/2938

Clarksdale, MS--the golden buckle on the cotton belt

If the French are correct and adding dressage blood to an eventer produces improvement 56% of the time, event horse breeders ought to be flocking to his door.
    "I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay."
    Thread killer Extraordinaire