The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SnarkyRider View Post
    Just a little clarification. We (SnarkyRiderBlog) are not associated with Lost Hearts and Souls Horse Rescue.

While researching the post we discovered the upcoming fundraiser - which was planned long before this whole saga. Since Betsy was very helpful as far as providing info and photos, we chose to link to the poster for her fundraiser. That's all.
    Well, that was a waste of a good consipracy theory from TN. But perhaps she'll come up with another.

well any rescue contemplating a blood transfusion on a 28 yo horse with a 1 BCS are just well funded hoarders if you ask me.

Tamara
    Production Acres,Pro A Welsh Cobs
    I am one of the last 210,000 remaining full time farmers in America.We feed the others.

Quote Originally Posted by BLBGP View Post
    Well, that was a waste of a good consipracy theory from TN. But perhaps she'll come up with another.

read back thru the posts the dressage trainer who wrote the intital post for the Examiner was asked specifically by the rescue to name this woman. (as she was roasted pretty well by another trainer)

Not oddly enough, the family who was the link between the two places. If you are going to name names by God name them all.

(Written by Clare in first person, although this is against the rules of Examiner.com).
    A fellow local trainer called me today, and stated that he thought it was terrible that I wrote such a scathing story about 'that other trainer', and that he was, and I quote, "very disappointed in me".
    He felt that I wrote the article for attention, to sensationalize the situation for my own good.
    This is not true.
    I wrote the story because Betsy Bueno of Lost Hearts and Souls Horse Rescue asked me to.

She specifically asked me to print the trainer's name. Betsy thought it was imperative that people know about the situation, and who was to blame.
    The mare that she rescued, Valerie, is critical, and still in grave danger. There is a very real possibility that she won't make it. And Betsy has proven, without the shadow of doubt, that this was a starvation case. There was nothing wrong with the mare, no reason for her to be starving other than the fact that she was not being fed.
    Continue reading on Examiner.com Why did Clare remove the name of the person formally charged with cruelty? - San Francisco horses | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/horses-in-sa...#ixzz1YWJhcCTD

Tamara
    I am one of the last 210,000 remaining full time farmers in America.We feed the others.

Apparently JG and I had the same idea to reply to the posts!

This story is making headlines because a former Olympian is involved. It's unfortunate and very scary that countless cases of animal cruelty and neglect don't make the news. But why not capitalize on the sensationalism of this story and use it to shine a spotlight on mistreated horses everywhere? Do you think Lost Hearts and Souls Horse Rescue is going to use the money they raise for just Gwen Stockebrand's horses? or are they going to use it to care for all the horses they've rescued and put it towards rescuing others? If featuring this story helps raise awareness of the state of the horse industry and all the mistreated horses out there, then why not support it?

Quote Originally Posted by HorsesinHaiti View Post
    I'd still love to hear if someone can confirm that Sonoma County Animal Control has declared this an official seizure and an official open case, and if charges are contemplated, pending, or filed. An SCAC official declaration or documentation would be belivable triangulation.
    The situation is still being investigated by SCACC. No charges have been filed. Anyone interested in the status of this case should contact SCACC directly and ask to speak to the investigating officer and/or AC's director. Their phone number is 707-565-7100.

To the best of our knowledge, this was not a seizure - the animals were surrendered. AC began investigating close to a year ago and charges are being considered because the horses' condition had not improved in that time. Instead, one of them had deteriorated substantially.

Apparently JG and I had the same idea to reply to the posts!

This story is making headlines because a former Olympian is involved. It's unfortunate and very scary that countless cases of animal cruelty and neglect don't make the news. But why not capitalize on the sensationalism of this story and use it to shine a spotlight on mistreated horses everywhere? Do you think Lost Hearts and Souls Horse Rescue is going to use the money they raise for just Gwen Stockebrand's horses? or are they going to use it to care for all the horses they've rescued and put it towards rescuing others? If featuring this story helps raise awareness of the state of the horse industry and all the mistreated horses out there, then why not support it?

Ohhhh don't try to rain on TN's fun now!

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSTB View Post
    Ohhhh don't try to rain on TN's fun now!
    what no apology ? I'm hurt.

Tamara

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara in TN View Post

Tamara
    LOL, riiiiight... You're probably in the top 10 of COTHers of the thickest skin

Tamara
    Actually, we'd like to thank you for linking to our blog! We're still pretty new, so we'll take any extra views we can get!

Actually, we'd like to thank you for linking to our blog! We're still pretty new, so we'll take any extra views we can get!

I wondered how you majikally appeared...is it a google alert or an email tracking system you have ?

Tamara

Well boo hoo. She didn't grow up with a silver spoon in her mouth and therefore we should excuse her. I dont give a crap about your financial situation. You can either take care of your horses by feeding them or take action before things get out of control.

We all have challenges financially, ok most, but we also do the responsible thing. Dumping half dead horses off in the middle of the night and then heading off to Vegas for a show is not responsible.

If this Gwen did not have her credentials and it happened to a regular person well then what would the take be. I doubt the words well, they didn't grow up with a silver spoon would come flying out of anyone's mouth. Oh hell no, there would not be one single shred of, well we don't know the whole story. No, they'd be burned at the stake figuratively.

Terri
    COTH, keeping popcorn growers in business for years.

"I need your grace to remind me to find my own." Snow Patrol-Chasing Cars. This line reminds me why I have horses.

FUGLY imitator?
    I wasn't always a Smurf
    Penmerryl's Sophie RIDSH
    "I ain't as good as I once was but I'm as good once as I ever was"
    The ignore list is my friend. It takes 2 to argue.

I wondered how you majikally appeared...is it a google alert or an email tracking system you have ?

Tamara
    Wordpress site stats tell us where our views are being referred from. We're soooo not computer geeks, but we've managed to figure out how to point and click on things!

Quote Originally Posted by carolprudm View Post
    FUGLY imitator?
    lol more like FUGLY aspire-ers! FUGLY's done some great stuff over the years, who wouldn't want to make that type of contribution?

lol more like FUGLY aspire-ers! FUGLY's done some great stuff over the years, who wouldn't want to make that type of contribution?
    Guess it depends on your definitions of greatness and contribitions
    I wasn't always a Smurf
    Penmerryl's Sophie RIDSH
    "I ain't as good as I once was but I'm as good once as I ever was"
    The ignore list is my friend. It takes 2 to argue.

Quote Originally Posted by carolprudm View Post
    Guess it depends on your definitions of greatness and contribitions
    Everyone has different views and while we don't agree with everything Fugly says, you have to admit she's created an impressive online community and we're all for spreading information and knowledge.

The rescue is run by a hoarder/bully with very limited knowledge who is infamous for soliciting money and not necessarily applying the donations to the specific cause for which the donations were requested in the first place.
    There was an instance not very long ago (one of many, this was just the most recent) of this woman ignoring the specific instructions of a vet which resulted in a horse dieing of colic. After the horse died, the rescue woman was still soliciting money, supposedly to prosecute the horse's owner. No charges were filed or, if they were, they were dismissed; however the money donated to the cause never reappeared, of course.
    If Sonoma County AC gave the horses to this rescue they would have done better by them putting them down on the spot. Unfortunate to say the least.

wow.

game, set and match

Tamara