The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Boarding in/near Hallandale, Fl...help?

Ok, sooo...I'm seriously contemplating the idea of heading south for the winter, and whether or not I want to bring my mare along! Never even been in the STATE before, so need some help with this one!

Hunter/jumper type place would be preferred but honestly...as long as it's a nice place, with decent turnout and somewhere to ride I would be happy! Oh, and doesn't break the bank...

I'm looking for somewhere that's close to Gulfstream Park, or at least only a fair driving distance away. Anything about the horsey scene in that area would be appreciated though! Thanks!

Hallandale is a dense urban area on the coast. There are no barns immediately nearby. I assume you'll be working at Gulfstream?

The closest boarding will be in Davie or Plantation Acres, both of which will be over a half hour away in light traffic. There are also barns in Southwest Ranches, which are further west. I'd stick with the most eastern, but best quality barn you can find.

I am not familiar with the barns in Davie or Plantation Acres anymore, but maybe others can chime in. Also, google the BarnBook for South Florida, which should list some boarding barns.
    "Horses give us the wings we lack"

Thanks, that's really not bad of a drive....Where I board now is about 30-40 minutes away as well because I live in the suburbs near Arlington. I'll check out the Barnbook.