The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Building covered arena/barn in Northern California

I hope to build a covered arena soon, with living quarters and stalls. Can anyone give me a good recommendation of who can do it for me? Price is very important, I don't have a ton of money so its going to be pretty basic, but I want it done well and I don't want problems later on. Also, as far as permits and stuff like that, I would like to be able to hand the job off to someone and be like "you take care of it" pay them and have it done. They have me sign what ever needs to be signed etc... Would that be possible?

Our barn was finished in January and we used Morton. We thought they would be the most expensive, but they actually worked with us the most to settle on a price that was acceptable for us. The other companies didn't have the water and electricity included in the price, so they ended up being way more expensive in the end.
    I'm pretty sure they also did most of the building permit stuff for us. But I'm sure it also depends on the area that you live in. Good luck!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/NBChoice http://nbchoice.blogspot.com/
    The New Banner's Choice- 1994 ASB Mare
    Dennis The Menace Too- 1999 ASB Gelding
    Dreamacres Sublime- 2008 ASB Gelding

Call Stew with Spangler Construction/Choice Barns. He built me a covered arena and barn. Great guy to work with. Did everything he said he would. I was able to include what I wanted them to do and what I didn't want them to do.

Greg Drew of Down Under Construction in Sebastopol built my outdoor 6 years ago (beautifully built) and does mostly horse facilities. If he can't do it for you, I'm sure he can refer you.