The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Am I the only one addicted...?

To the wonderful, silky September coat that comes in on horses! Love the rich colors and I can hug a warm, soft neck forever if given the chance!

Sterling is in her "fuzzy" stage right now, actually. Gearing up for winter!
    Proud member of the COTH Junior (and Junior-at-Heart!) clique!

Mine's getting fuzzy and starting to get her fall dapples I *love* her fall coat because it's so plushy and soft. Every year she has more white in her winter coat, reminding me that neither she nor I will live forever.... We are, respectively, 13 and 47, so hardly entering our decrepitude, but it's good to have that reminder anyway.

One of the other horses at the barn shed out his summer coat before his winter coat started growing in, and spent about a week nearly naked, poor fellow! But he's a grey paint (I know, WHY?) and his "naked" time is the only time of the year you can see his cool markings. In another 6 weeks he'll be a furry white bear.
    You have to have experiences to gain experience.

Proudly owned by Mythic Feronia, 1998 Morgan mare; G-dspeed Trump & Minnie; welcome 2014 Morgan filly MtnTop FlyWithMeJosephine

wahhh i am isolated from horses right now and this post makes me so sad. I WANT TO PET A PRETTY SEPTEMBER SILKY COAT

I'm really excited that the dark bays at the farm are actually dark bay now instead of bleached out orange. My gelding isn't fuzzy yet, but dang is he SOFT. And shiny, despite his best efforts.

However, MY summer highlights are starting to fade....so that's not so great.

I was just admiring my pony's slick and shiny, super soft dapple-y coat today!

Give him until the end of October and he will have a fuzzy teddy bear coat that your hand will disappear into!

My horse is totally in her fall coat. The only thing I hate about her shedding seasons is it makes her skin SO sensitive. She recently got a bad boot rub ( after wearing these same boots for a year no prob) and my leather half chaps will rub her too. At no other time during the year is this an issue!

Mine are getting fuzzy. I love it! It's so nice to bury your face in that thicker hair lol

Back to Normal.. or as close as I'll ever get

For me it is the supersleek, shinydapply
    Summer coat my boys wear June-August.
    I could look at them forever that way

Right now Kouma-pony is assuming his teddybear persona - plushing up for Winter.
    Sam is still pretty sleek, but starting to feel more like corduroy than satin.
    Seems like it happened overnight.
    *friend of bar.ka*RIP all my lovely boys, gone too soon:
    Steppin' Out 1988-2004
    Hey Vern! 1982-2009
    Cash's Bay Threat 1994-2009

My guy feels like velvet right now. Love it
    "smile a lot can let us ride happy,it is good thing"

My CANTER blog.

I hate that winter fuzz look and feel. I like the super shiny, sleek as oil summer coats myself. But then I like roached manes and I can't stand feathers. So overall, I just don't like hair. LOL

Default weather prediction?

I was kind of alarmed how fast it's coming in on the minis...

My boys are getting their winter coats now. While I love the soft feel of it, come Indian Summer I'll be feeling sorry for them while they swelter in all of that in the heat.
    Last edited by Chief2; Sep. 20, 2011 at 09:42 PM. Reason: Spelling
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein

http://s1098.photobucket.com/albums/...2011%20Photos/

It would be great if we didn't get our summer in September! We've had blankets and sheets on all summer and now the poor guys are getting fuzzy right as it's cracking into the 80s and 90s.
    If the pony spits venom in your face or produces a loud roar, it is probably not a pony. Find another. -The Oatmeal

Under a rock, up in the hills of Sage, So. Calif, southeast of Hemet & north east of Temecula

Oh yes, I love the plush velvet feel and look with the intense color that they get this time of year. The hairs are short yet, but very thick.
    Anytime now, they will start seeking out shade. They ignore the shade all summer, even when temps are in the 100's, but now with the hair coming in, they will start wanting the shade.
    There is no such thing as "bad" horsemanship or "good" horsemanship. There is simply Horsemanship or the absence thereof.

www.oldmorgans.blogspot.com

I've got one in full fuzz right now. Sure is soft, but I can't wait to buzzzzzzz it allllll off! Cooling out is a real chore and is about to get worse since it is going to be unseasonably warm for the next week I'm trying to wait it out as long as possible so I only have to clip him two times this year!

i much prefer the summer coat, but that might be b/c my horse has a white appy butt and it goes dingy tan/flesh tone color in winter. i love his sleek white appy butt in the summer.

I love the fuzz!
    "If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there"

Love a hug in the warm sun but, yea, they do start to sweat in the Indian summer.

Definately love that velvet feel!!
    Member-Arab Dressage Riders Clique
    RIP Barichello