The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Boarding in Central/Upper Bucks County, PA

Hi everyone!

I'm a new forum member, so I hope I'm doing everything by the book.

I'm looking for a change in barns, and I'm having trouble with my research. I was hoping for some suggestions, if you have any.

We are looking for full-care board, at a barn that does daily and consistent turnout, cleans stalls daily, and preferably has both an indoor and outdoor ring. The barn must also be okay with an outside trainer coming in to teach our lessons. I live in the New Hope area, and don't mind going a bit north up the river. We're in the Newtown area now, and I'd love something a bit more rural. I'm not keen on moving into NJ, as I worry about getting across the bridges up here when the weather gets nasty.

Ideally I would love a private boarding barn, but I am not at all opposed to a lesson barn - as long as it's not too hectic and the care is of quality. My pony is young and very green, and we're very quietly just working on our training, and a quiet place to do it would be just fantastic.

Thanks in advance for your help, it is much appreciated!

Sending you a PM now
    Michigan State University College of Veterinary Medicine - Class of 2014

Chance Encounter
    RIP Tall Tales

Quote Originally Posted by SamPants View Post
    Hi everyone!

I'm a new forum member, so I hope I'm doing everything by the book.

I'm looking for a change in barns, and I'm having trouble with my research. I was hoping for some suggestions, if you have any.

We are looking for full-care board, at a barn that does daily and consistent turnout, cleans stalls daily, and preferably has both an indoor and outdoor ring. The barn must also be okay with an outside trainer coming in to teach our lessons. I live in the New Hope area, and don't mind going a bit north up the river. We're in the Newtown area now, and I'd love something a bit more rural. I'm not keen on moving into NJ, as I worry about getting across the bridges up here when the weather gets nasty.

Ideally I would love a private boarding barn, but I am not at all opposed to a lesson barn - as long as it's not too hectic and the care is of quality. My pony is young and very green, and we're very quietly just working on our training, and a quiet place to do it would be just fantastic.

Thanks in advance for your help, it is much appreciated!
    Hi,
    Yes, Newtown area is really built up, i remember when there was not one townhouse in the township, i used to buy my hay from a farm across the road from Goodnoe's.
    What kind of board price is in your price range? It sounds like with the exception of grooming you need someone to do everything else, i have boarded in New Hope and now have my own farm outside Stockton. The toll bridge in New Hope never is closed because of high water!! Otherwise shootin over the Stockton bridge is usually no big deal! Is your trainer coming from a distance?