The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Holsteiner mare

1998 AHHA registered MMB Holsteiner mare. I need to find her a home outside of Florida as she has sweating issues in this state. Image is sound and was my show horse - both eventing and in the jumpers. She cannot carry a foal but might be an ET candidate. Her sole daughter is a 49pt premium Holsteiner mare that was sought out by Kyle Carter. Image is bomb proof on the trail, can fox hunt and do lower level dressage. She has minor maintenance (1 back injection that is about $100 a year). She's currently located in KY and has been sweating like a champ in this state. I need to do what is best by her and put my own personal feelings aside. She is my heart horse but I cannot relocate north so am looking for a permanent home- NOT a flip home. No vices, loads, clips, good for vet, dentist and farrier.

Since I'm getting inquiries about her back issue, I figured this might be the best area to talk of it. She had some sort of trauma years ago that has caused some narrowing btwn L4 & L5. She was "tense" under saddle yet was never lame. A scan as well as a large x-ray showed the issue. I had it injected and all tenseness disappeared as her pain disappeared. Due to using herself in such a way as to protect that part of her back for years she did cause a bit of soreness to her SI area but again, has never been lame. She's been seen by top vets and I've maintained her religiously once we had a diagnosis. She is not for a beginner rider. She is sensitive yet sensible. She has no buck, bolt , rear or spook and is extremely brave yet careful over a fence. She is easy to rate at canter as she listens to her rider. If I was to chose a horse to go into battle with, she is it. I bred, raised, backed and competed her so am going to be very critical of who I place her with. It needs to work for all parties involved. Again, I do not want a flip situation so if looking to flip, please do not contact me. Thank-you!
    Last edited by ponygirl; Sep. 19, 2011 at 03:48 PM. Reason: additional information
    "Sometimes you just have to shut up and color."

She sounds amazing! I'm sure you'll be swamped with good offers of homes, but you could also try getting the word out with northern Pony Clubs too. My trainer found fantastic homes for two of her horses that way. The NY/Upper Connecticut region has an email list that anyone can join at yahoo groups.

Thank-you SMF11. I am very torn about this but I need to put her in an ideal climate. I'll try to track down these Pony Club groups.

i agree bath pony club in ohio might be able to help its alot cooler here in ohio and im sure some kid would love to have a nice horse
    MIDWAY SOCCER 08' First Season!!!!!!

Just bumping this up as she's still available.

Im up in Canada and would love her. She sounds perfect.

She's been placed. Thank-you to everyone who expressed interest.