The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Puppy Pictures! Also, what am I?

So, this is Stella. She came from a foster mom, and now lives with my boyfriend and I getting spoiled.

This was her first beach day! Loved the seaweed, and the yummy crunchy lobster shell, lol. Had a blast, and she's currently passed out on the floor with said boyfriend, snoring.

She's 46lbs. and about 22" long from the base of her neck to the base of her little nubbin of a tail. Any ideas as to what she might be?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...3/DSC_1116.jpg

Look at the legs on her!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...3/DSC_1098.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...3/DSC_1097.jpg

What a vicious "pit bull"

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...3/DSC_1064.jpg

I guess it looks like lots more beach walks are in our future!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...3/DSC_1051.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...3/DSC_1115.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...3/DSC_1059.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...3/DSC_1021.jpg
    "On the back of a horse I felt whole, complete, connected to that vital place in the center of me...and the chaos within me found balance."

I would think she might be a boxer/pitbull cross....boxer body, pitbull head.
    'You'll miss the best things if you keep your eyes closed.'.....Dr. Suess.

That's what I'm leaning to, as well. Forgot to add, she's about 6 months old. Although, will boxers or pit bull-types "point" if they smell something interesting? I've watched her do this a few times now...lol. The docked tail would make a bit more sense if she had boxer. I have no idea why she had her tail docked? I'm kind of glad, it saves me from the "happy tail" woes, haha.
    "On the back of a horse I felt whole, complete, connected to that vital place in the center of me...and the chaos within me found balance."

Default SO CUTE !!!

boxer/great dane/mastiff/pittie/ mix.

First head picture, I thought pit bull, then body pictures, mix with great dane.
    Later pictures, maybe other there, but still pit bull head characteristics, although the other head picture looks more dane to me.

Interesting someone saw boxer, that is also possible.

With mixes, you have to wait until they are full grown sometimes and even then breed/s are just a guess.

Whatever is there, she is all wonderful.

I def think boxer mix. The mix... well... pit?... I also thought weimaraner when I first saw the long legs and nub tail and the gray(?) coloring

The more you look, the more confusing it gets! The shelter said AmStaff/Great Dane, but they probably said AmStaff instead of Pitt so she would get adopted quicker. I do see Great Dane sometimes, especially since I know a Dane/Black Lab mix that has very similar facial expressions. As well as both being really sloppy drinkers, lol!

Either way, I love asking people what they see in her. She is soooo smart, I've had her a week, and she knows her sit, down, look-at-me, paw, and her name. the clicker really helped her focus, and she figured that out in no time. We pretty much saw the picture, and went and got her.

She likes the horses, LOVES kids, and wants to play with all dogs and cats that she encounters. :-) Farts out loud, too...

Pittie for sure, boxer and maybe Whelm

Outside Ocala FL - Horse Capital of the World

I'm agreeing with the other posters, looks like pit, dane, weimeriner (sp?), maybe some boxer.

By the way, those are fantastic photos!
    There are friends and faces that may be forgotten, but there are horses that never will be. - Andy Adams

boxer/great dane.

I think she is adorable whatever she is!
    I love cats, I love every single cat....
    So anyway I am a cat lover
    And I love to run.

She is gorgeous! Congrats. Beautiful pictures.
    Every one of them had that look of a girl infatuated with horses, the happy, fated look of a passenger setting sail on the Titanic.

I would gues she's a 4-way
    boxer, dane, pibble & ???
    or maybe both parents were pibble mixes ...
    Don't see any weim.
    She's a lovely friendly pup now but do be watchful as she matures (2-3yrs) if she retains that lovesotherdogs attitude or becomes slightly wary, a little less outgoing.

She's just beautiful, whatever she is! But please get her a new collar. You are about to lose that one, and perhaps her, too.

adding my agreed opinions to the dane/boxer options......those legs......lol..go on forever!
    she is just lovely, and looks as though she got the best of whatever mixes are in there.........beauty,stoutness,short hair,short tail, and an affinity for FUN!

a WINNER......

and wow, such gorgeous pics!

Thanks so much! I know about the collar, she's outgrown it in the week we've had her! So now I get to get her a new one, whoo! Right now she's laying on the floor, waiting for my father to feed her some waffles, haha. She is also THE cuddliest dog I've EVER met.

Don't know for sure, but I'd say pit for sure somewhere in there! The gray/blue color is probably from that vs. a weim. She's gorgeous! It's funny you mention the "pointing" thing, because my pit pointed this morning at a squirrel in the yard :-)

I don't see any weim at all. Even the coloring is too blue for a weim. I definitely see pit bull, and maybe boxer? The boxer would give her the long legs and lean build, and the pitbull would give her the blue coloring and the muscle. I can see both breeds in the (adorable) face.

Loud farting = boxer , for sure ! LOL ! The boxer we had as a kid farted so loud she would wake herself up from a dead sleep ! Of course as kids we thought this was hysterical ...

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaGirl View Post
    I also thought weimaraner when I first saw the long legs and nub tail and the gray(?) coloring
    That was my first thought too. I was thinking maybe a bit of lab in there too.

My first thought was a pitt/cane corso mix.
    she has a... larger... head than a pittie, i think? Its hard to tell from pics.

she is SUPER cute whatever she is.