The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

javajoe, feel free to add me!

Default Also playing, but frustrated

Quote Originally Posted by MHM View Post
    That's too bad! His giraffe movement almost gives me a headache.

I think my favorite part of the game so far is when he just stands still in the paddock, eating grass. Similar to real life!
    YES, me too! His tail movements, the way he rubs his face on his leg, all of those little details are spot-on. Makes my little horse-lovin' heart happy. And he's so cute when you rub his face. So I want to know, if the developers were able to nail those items, why the hell did they louse up so many other things?? Like, why does the poor horse move like a giraffey-Paso?? I've barely ever seen one of those in person and yet I still thought of that immediately!

My other major beef is, what is up with the conformation? Horribly swaybacked, for starters. And that chest... not sure what to call it except for the extreme opposite of pigeon-breasted. More like no-breasted, I guess. He actually reminds me of an Akhal-Teke with that body shape and head carriage - maybe that's what they studied?

And finally, for the love of God, people, why is it so frickin' hard to get tack right. See: every Barbie horse ever sold, bad model horses, coloring books, cartoons, etc. It is beyond simple to do a Google search for, say, "show jumping tack." A saddle with no horn, a rounded forward flap, and a white pad. DUHHHH!!!! This makes me CRAY-ZEE, I tell you!

Since I confess to never, ever playing any computer games of any type, my teenage son had to show me how to run this app (he also found it for me, was much excited, and is playing, too). I think I've driven him away though with all my complaints as listed above. He did get a good laugh when at my first competition I managed to crash right through the jump (and the poor animal isn't booted yet, since I haven't "earned enough coins" to buy those) because I was too busy peering through my bifocals at the rider's clothing. Can you say a well-deserved last place...

I'm RiderWriter and my horse is named Victrix if anyone wants to play with me.

The other thing I like about the paddock scene is the background noise- the chirping birds, the occasional barking dog or mooing cow- very peaceful!

So how do you get more credits in the blue box in the upper left corner? Is it just from how long you play?

I'm not much of a computer games person, so I'm probably missing lots of obvious things.

Smile

You can add me fefedog . I'm playing the game and am in need of neighbors

My nickname is ErinRae. For some reason it's not letting me find any of you, but feel free to add me! I just started today and could use some neighbors.

Quote Originally Posted by MistyPony View Post
    Agree! And in some of the later competitions you have to hit it before and after the jump too.
    Now I've reached that stage. More wackiness!

With all the jumps I can remember in my life, I don't recall a single one where I had to tell the horse to land on the other side of the jump. Once they leave the ground, gravity pretty much takes care of the rest!

Thank you new neighbors . I appreciate being able to play and moving on to the next level . Hope everyone else is having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by MHM View Post
    Now I've reached that stage. More wackiness!

With all the jumps I can remember in my life, I don't recall a single one where I had to tell the horse to land on the other side of the jump. Once they leave the ground, gravity pretty much takes care of the rest!
    LMAO!!! Right?? In all my years of riding gravity is the one thing that has never failed on me!

In all my years of riding gravity is the one thing that has never failed on me!
    All too true!

If you visit your friends and brush their horse and clean it's paddock it will give you more coin.

Mines started saying I have 0 presentation when it should be 113

Quote Originally Posted by mandalea View Post
    If you visit your friends and brush their horse and clean it's paddock it will give you more coin.
    The dirty horse in the game looked a lot like my actual horse on a muddy day a few weeks ago, except luckily the game horse did not find a burdock bush with his tail!

In all my years of riding gravity is the one thing that has never failed on me!
    LMAO! I might just need to use that as my new sig line!

SpicyTotem20 (don't know how my kid came up up with that one...

Horse's name is "chip".

I officially have no life

Default LOVE THIS GAME `` WISH I HAD MORE TIME ``

LOVE THIS GAME ```

JUST WISH I HAD MORE TIME
    Zu Zu Bailey " IT"S A WONDERFUL LIFE !"

Gaaa I'm so depressed... My iPod Touch isn't new enough to play the game. Y'all get me all excited. Silly 2nd generation.. this is also the first time I've noticed an app that won't play on a certain gen rather than a certain iOs

Quote Originally Posted by giddybiddy View Post
    LMAO! I might just need to use that as my new sig line!
    YES! I've always hoped someone would say that to me one day! Do me a favor and fix my grammar though...there should be a comma after "riding"

Quote Originally Posted by sarcam02 View Post
    SpicyTotem20 (don't know how my kid came up up with that one...

Horse's name is "chip".

I officially have no life
    If I remember correctly, the game randomly assigns a username, mine was something strange like ButterFrog18 or whatever before I changed it!

Quote Originally Posted by SSacky View Post
    Gaaa I'm so depressed... My iPod Touch isn't new enough to play the game. Y'all get me all excited. Silly 2nd generation.. this is also the first time I've noticed an app that won't play on a certain gen rather than a certain iOs
    Me too
    2012 goal: learn to ride like a Barn Rat

A helmet saved my life.

I just attempted the Covington Open for the first time.

Is it just me, or does the horse canter right through the white gate jump before he turns back and jumps it? That was a distraction.

I am absolutely addicted to this! A new reaon for why I am going to fail Sociology this semester

My nickname is HowDoILook