The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Some sent me this email Is it true???

Guess who was ARRESTED last night for parole violations and possesion of
    cocaine? Yup, KEN KRAUS!!!!!! He even made the 11:00 O'clock news
    being led away in handcuffs.
    Apparently the PB police did a sweep of all known sex offenders after
    that girl was kidnapped a few weeks ago, and I guess ol' Kenny just let
    himself get swept up in the net. While on one hand I am happy to see the
    reason he got nabbed was for cocaine .... *edited by request of originator ... SoEasy

[This message was edited by SoEasy on Feb. 18, 2004 at 01:15 PM.]

[Edited title to include link to news article, so people can go straight to the factual account - Erin]

[This message was edited by Erin on Feb. 19, 2004 at 06:39 PM.]

Some sent me this email Is it true???

Guess who was ARRESTED last night for parole violations and possesion of
    cocaine? Yup, KEN KRAUS!!!!!! He even made the 11:00 O'clock news
    being led away in handcuffs.
    Apparently the PB police did a sweep of all known sex offenders after
    that girl was kidnapped a few weeks ago, and I guess ol' Kenny just let
    himself get swept up in the net. While on one hand I am happy to see the
    reason he got nabbed was for cocaine .... *edited by request of originator ... SoEasy

[This message was edited by SoEasy on Feb. 18, 2004 at 01:15 PM.]

[Edited title to include link to news article, so people can go straight to the factual account - Erin]

[This message was edited by Erin on Feb. 19, 2004 at 06:39 PM.]

I think this is the third or fourth potentially damaging rumor posted in the past three or four days on the H/J forum. While it may or may not be true, I sort of feel like rumors on a public forum are unfair to the people in question. Lets get them CONFIRMED, then start the discussion...
    Can you stress-fracture your brain?

OK just to confirm I just called the PB Sheriff's office and YES IT IS TRUE> I don't want to be blamed for starting Rumours

Well MB Stark that is not a surprise but it is a shame when any human being has sunk so low. He has the potential to be a good person like all of us and chose the wrong path.

I guess we also have proof the the cocaine at Hunter Horse Shows is not a myth at all. Perhaps, we need to consider that there is now an Anti-Doping Committee in the USEF that has jusisdiction over this sort of thing. It's a very good thing that they swept through and found at least some of the potential dangers.

Battle Scarred Veteran

Really, it's a shame that some of you have chosen to judge him. Perhaps this is someone with an addiction that has overwhelmed him? Just perhaps . . .

Thank god my personal lapses in judgment have not been the subject of public scrutiny!

And to be so harsh about someone who is truly trying to give back to the industry with the website -- for which he is not paid a nickel.

I'm not defending illegal conduct, but suggesting that judgment should be reserved.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Snowbird:
    Well MB Stark that is not a surprise but it is a shame when any human being has sunk so low. He has the potential to be a good person like all of us and chose the wrong path.

I guess we also have proof the the cocaine at Hunter Horse Shows is not a myth at all. Perhaps, we need to consider that there is now an Anti-Doping Committee in the USEF that has jusisdiction over this sort of thing. It's a very good thing that they swept through and found at least some of the potential dangers.

_Battle Scarred Veteran_<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gee Snowbird, time to wake up. Cocaine is present in all walks of life - from the homeless to Wall Street, from car mechanics to brain surgeons. It is not just used by people who participate in horse shows. And, btw, I don't think that there was any mention that it was present at the horse show. I am so sick of reading post after post from "holier than thou" people who are so quick to judge and condemn.

If he is in fact guilty, I am certainly not condoning this behavior. However, if people would put as much effort in finding the positive in everyone rather than the negative, perhaps this world would be a better place to live

LH, you are clearly a better person than I.

I don't find it that difficult to judge someone who's been convicted of one of the most heinous crimes imaginable, who's just been arrested for drug posession, whose 'contribution' to the sport more resembles an ego trip than anything tangibly helpful.

I know this person has been discussed to death but I still wonder when SOME OF YOU will wake up and smell the coffee. A leopard doesnt change his spots.

This is a Convicted Sex offender with a Drug Problem who tries to impress you with his website. And Obviously does. That is like saying that Priest give a wonderful sermon so get over his "problems" with little boys
    WAKE UP

I know that some of MY friends defend him but I know some children of abuse and my sister is a social worker that works with children and I am NOT that forgiving.

[This message was edited by MB Stark on Feb. 18, 2004 at 12:44 PM.]

I'm making no excuses for Ken with my earlier post...just trying to get some factual confirmation that the events as described occurred. And if they did, I'm with Heidi...what a pig!

This is the world I have chosen in which to participate because of the beautiful loving and forgiving horses that bring us so much joy. I cannot fix the cocaine problem except by trying to help raise generations of young people in a safe place so they don't have the need for any addictions other that good sport.

One of the things we get on a regular basis is a natural high from an adrenilen rush when ever we compete. What we don't need in this sport which is all I can have an opinion on is people who believe that cocaine use is a not an avoidable problem. Why is it important? because when someone sets themselves up as a role model for others then they cannot fall off the pedastal without leaving a gapping hole.

As a human I can be sympathetic to some hapless soul caught up in a vile life style. I can try and help them to get clean. Do I want such a person out there on a daily basis propogating that weakness as not so bad with excuses NO!

I do not feel self-righteous because I am far from perfect and certainly have my own flaws. But, they are mine and they do not affect anyone else but me. I would not attempt to convert others into joining me and believing they are not flaws.

I don't think anyone is judging KK and I would guess at this point he is his own worst judge. We do as humans need to learn from our mistakes and those of others. A public record of such is how we get to do that, and if it means that the children learn that any hero may have feet of clay that is for the best. We have certainly seen many of the heros fall on their faces and it was a good thing for the children.

Battle Scarred Veteran

If he doesn't get a dime from his website, then why the membership fee? http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...n_confused.gif

"The acoustics at Tanglewood in Lenox, MA, are so good that when Bob Dylan plays here you can understand every word he sings." -Garrison Keillor
    \"It is good to be fine.\"

Cocaine is sooo 1990's, being that he is a Hunter Announcer he should stay with fashion just like the rest of us.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    www.scatteredoaksfarm.com
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    My adventures as a working rider

theworkingrider.blogspot.com

NO surprise there http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...icon_frown.gif

I know we're supposed to feel sorry for those people (yes the worst kind of sex offenders, drunks and coke addicts) b/c they are obviously very very sick and very obviously need help. I just wonder WHEN we're going to give the sicko's help.

Our comunity, like so many, offers to discuss, hide, suspend, judge, condemn, accept.. but nowhere to offer a real program of 'help'. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...icon_frown.gif

sittin on the dock of the bay...

That is too bad he got busted for coke, but what he does on his own time is up to him and i really dont care. It really wont change my opinion that he has worked very hard to make towerheads one of the best, if not the best horse show website.

Maybe its because I was a towerhead before it was a website or because I still moderate their forums, but I feel that a lot of COTH BBers make him out to look a LOT worse then he really is...

That being said, the crime against the minor is terrible and can be very damaging to the victim(i have first hand experience in that case) But i really dont care if he does coke!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nickelodian:
    Cocaine is sooo 1990's, being that he is a Hunter Announcer he should stay with fashion just like the rest of us.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    http://www.scatteredoaksfarm.com<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree! Someone buy him a clue and a Loritab!

--- "We're putting you on what we call sudden death academic probation."
    ------------------------------
    Life Goes On

Why is he on parole? (I have a feeling I am going to be sorry I asked)

"I'm not going to have reporters pawing through our papers. We are the president."
    -- Hilary Clinton
    The government is best which governs least.
    -Henry David Thoreau

Hey Onyx...ever dealt with a substance abuser before? Or someone with an eating disorder?

"We" as a "community" can offer all the help "we" want...the person with the problem has to WANT the help. Treatment of these issues is NEVER easy. So blaming "us" for not helping is not helpful. "We" choose to be involved in THIS sport, and its up to us to keep OUR own noses clean. But if Joe Schmoe has a problem and doesn't want to deal with it, there really isn't a whole lot "we" can do other than fine them, arrest them etc.

Ash ... he is a convicted sex offender listed on Florida's web site.
    Mal:This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our entry sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and then .... explode

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Hey Onyx...ever dealt with a substance abuser before? Or someone with an eating disorder <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

?????
    Yes.... and...huh??

I'll give an example of 'help'.
    My daughter wants to join his website. I as a parent, very firmly say, NO F'ing WAY. I refuse to support his habit.

sittin on the dock of the bay...