The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Horse and draft starvation

I am still learning the ins and outs of what to post and what not to post but this came across my email a few days ago and looking this woman's name up on the board, a few may ask about her. It then came to me that perhaps some of you knew her or sent her horses to breed or she bought and I would hate for anyone to loose a horse in such a disgusting manner.

I am going to post the news story and Mods, if it can't be posted, please take the thread out, as I was not sure.

http://www.newtondailynews.com/artic...78xg/index.xml
    "Promise me you'll always remember: your braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." By Christopher Robins to Pooh

She was a prominent poster on COTH, especially in the Sport Horse Forum and also a member of a draft forum we mutually belonged to.

She has posted frequently on FB about going to concerts, travelling around on the motorcycles and just living a high ole time. Nice to know she was having such a blast when her horses were starving to death in the field.

It was just a matter of time. I've "known" her for about 7 or 8 yrs. and she had been called out multiple times for her horses, especially the brood mares, being in pretty poor condition. Such a shame.
    Lost in the Land of the Know It Alls

Always inexcusable...always. Breaks my heart those horses suffered. This didn't happen over just a few days...

No, unfortunately the writing was on the wall. I have to wonder why she hasn't been slapped with animal abuse or fines for this, seeing as one horse died.

Well, it isn't up to me to wonder, think I will go out and hug my own well fed equines.
    "Promise me you'll always remember: your braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." By Christopher Robins to Pooh

A prominent poster? Who the heck is it?? So PintoPiaffe and now this? WTH is wrong with people. Seriously just absolutely sick.

Yes, who are we talking about?
    I tolerate all kinds of animal idiosyncrasies.
    I've found that I don't tolerate people idiosyncrasies as well. - Casey09

Quote Originally Posted by Lori B View Post
    Yes, who are we talking about?
    Yes...inquiring minds want to know...

Good lord, who allows that to happen?
    Missouri Fox Trotters-To ride one is to own one

Standardbreds, so much more then a harness racing horse.

You know, when you drive by this type of situation, call animal control or the sheriff's office.

I watched an old QH slowly starving each winter. Owner put a blanket on him, but didn't put hay out in the pasture. In summer he would gain weight, enough to not be so pitiful. Each day on way to barn and home, I'd worry about him when I saw him. I waited as he was not as bad as the horse shown on this thread. Then spring 2010, the ******* owner put 3 other skinny horses out with him. Don't know where she got them, but I knew there was not enough grass to feed more than one horse.

My state ag agent, I love him, came over from where he lives 80 miles away in 100 degree heat and cited the woman the date after I called him. Then he came back a few days later, and caught her not following the rules on feeding hay. Then he told her to euth or give up the horses to the state. Later a vet tech for a vet who is not mine told me she'd seen the horses too, but didn't think it was her place to report the woman.

My state ag agent Ricky is on speedial on my cell. There is no excuse for starving animals. In GA, if you cannot afford them, you call the state. They are either sold or euth-ed.

The woman posted under amdfarm on here and her name is Lisa.
    Lost in the Land of the Know It Alls

Quote Originally Posted by Big Belgian View Post
    The woman posted under amdfarm on here and her name is Lisa.
    Ok thanks. I don't recall seeing that user name before but I rarely go in the breeding forum.

Oh Good God, I have internet 'known' this woman for years, like close to at least 10, probably even more.
    On another board, people really ridiculed her, it was a BB like the manure pile, but much worse...I quit going to it, but she would get fried on that BB.

Regardless, it makes me sick to my stomach to look at that picture. Oh, I just wish people who need help would reach out, rather than live a facade on a bulletin board.
    More recently, we were all stunned when PintoPiaffe's troubles came to light, and then now Lisa.

She did breed, and thats what she took lots of hits on...people said she had crap stock, etc Again, regardless...take care of what you have.

Her /handle/name has been different over the years, but like so much, usually you can figure out who the 'new' handles were in the past.

Very disturbing. Very, especially because drafts, but specfically Percherons are my heart.
    I wish I didn't read this.
    save lives...spay/neuter/geld

It is very unfortunate that even after these people are charged and in some cases, convicted, they still find their way into working with horses or other animals.
    Last edited by Bigblackdraft; Sep. 21, 2011 at 09:24 PM.

Oh my... I remember her from here and Percheron Horse Network. I know she lost her husband a few years back and was struggling but remarried, IIRC.... but this was what she reported to us on the boards, so can't say it's fact.

No excuse... none whatsoever.
    <>< Sorrow Looks Back. Worry Looks Around. Faith Looks Up! -- "When they try to tell you these are your Golden years, don't believe 'em.... It's rust."

Quote Originally Posted by ChocoMare View Post

No excuse... none whatsoever.
    Agreed.

It takes a pretty hard twisted heart to look out the window, see their starving animal.... and turn away.

And I notice that these boils on the butt of society are always pretty well fed themselves.
    Brothers and sisters, I bid you beware
    Of giving your heart to a dog to tear.
    -Rudyard Kipling

Quote Originally Posted by JSwan View Post
    Agreed.

It takes a pretty hard twisted heart to look out the window, see their starving animal.... and turn away.

And I notice that these boils on the butt of society are always pretty well fed themselves.
    I have recently found out that some people look out there, see a horse starving to death, and think it's totally NORMAL, HEALTHY, OK, NOT THAT BAD. Just went through this with a friend. She sold a horse, horse ended up in a BAD place, and is now starving to death. My friend's answer is "Oh well. So they don't keep the horse fat like I did, that's just life." The horse is literally starving to death. These fools have already killed one horse with colic, another colicked and needed a hospital stay, and now this third horse - well, it's just a matter of time. She became enraged with me when I told her I was reporting the people. She didn't want me to do that because they are really trying, but they just don't like fat horses like you do.

How she can say "Oh well" to the situation just reminds me that some people truly don't have a flipping clue what a healthy horse looks like.

Oh, poop, I don't like fat horses, but there is a limit to the diet results!

(but by all means, do NOT throw Pintopiaffe in with that sick wench! She had no shelter, not dieing horses!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

There is a special place in hell for people who are so depraved.

Alagirl, my connecting Lisa and PP was they both lived a life on the net that was not the reality of their real life. To me, there is a sickness when you can't recognize the facts of your life, and that it is out of control.

A2, now I find your friend in that category too. I mean how could you be that cold hearted to an animal you owned???

People can be so depraved.
    save lives...spay/neuter/geld