The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

I love Sarah's pix! Look how he dwarfs that other horse!

I know its expensive but it would be interesting to pull hair and have him DNA verified it might cut out some of his mystery and lead to his papers and records.

"I would not beleive her if her tongue came notorized"

Quote Originally Posted by hackinaround View Post
    I know its expensive but it would be interesting to pull hair and have him DNA verified it might cut out some of his mystery and lead to his papers and records.

What do you mean by "DNA verified"?
    "It's like a Russian nesting doll of train wrecks."--CaitlinandTheBay

...just settin' on the Group W bench.

Member of both the Southern California and Michigan clique - currently residing in Grand Rapids, MI

I did not see that picture, and am still waiting for pics from the quarantine barn, so that's the first time I've really seen his face! Thanks, dcm. You rock.

I am getting close to figuring out who he is... will keep everyone updated.

Member of both the Southern California and Michigan clique - currently residing in Grand Rapids, MI

A CoTH member actually owned the horse for three years until a week ago when she thought she gave him to a forever home. They brought him to Camelot. She was kind enough to contact me and share some of his history. She purchased him from a dealer in New York completely emaciated and rehabbed him. I've posted on the Sporthorse breeders forum to see if anyone knows who he is. Apparently he's about 15, and it seems like someone would remember such a big guy - he's 18H (Lord help me).

oh that stinks, I don't understand people sometimes. So glad you got him and looking forward to hearing more about him!!

Good luck in your quest for information. I hope you're able to find out more.

Sure makes me leery about placing my horses in homes ever again. I usually do it with contracts, but still, you just never know.

Dang - that really stinks Justice....I'm so glad you got him!!

Quote Originally Posted by Justice View Post
    A CoTH member actually owned the horse for three years until a week ago when she thought she gave him to a forever home. They brought him to Camelot.
    Some people just suck (those that dumped him at Camelot). When I think I can't stand people anymore, along comes someone like Justice who restores my faith in humanity. Well done!
    Ridge Farm Inc.-full care retirement
    http://www.horseretirementfarm.com

I just happened to notice the title of this thread, and I'm so delighted to hear that he's heading to someone here on COTH!

He's SO COOL. I photographed him on Thursday, and he was easily one of my favorites of the week. He was so gentle, so curious, and SO HUMUNGOUSLY BIG. Seriously, he's a big boy. BIG. And he's definitely branded.

Best, best wishes with him! Are you in NJ, Justice? Please drop me a line and I'd love to see him in a few months if that would be okay with you.

Photo: http://www.flickr.com/photos/rockand...in/photostream
    Sarah K. Andrew | Twitter | Blog | Horses & Hope calendar | Flickr | Website

Sarah, I see that Justice lives in Grand Rapids, Michigan! Big Horse Coming through Ohio soon! Awesome save Justice!

Quote Originally Posted by smay View Post
    Sarah, I see that Justice lives in Grand Rapids, Michigan! Big Horse Coming through Ohio soon! Awesome save Justice!
    Whoops, that's a long way from Jersey
    Sarah K. Andrew | Twitter | Blog | Horses & Hope calendar | Flickr | Website

Thumbs up

So, I pulled over and paid.
    Reading this was the best part of my day.

Sending you a PM.
    "Those who know the least often know it the loudest."

Good for you and lucky for him! Congrats and I too am holding my breath for pics! He does look like a HUGE boy. My advice, buy a ladder. I just pulled the mane of a 18.2h mare and I was SERIOUSLY grateful for the ladder I used. What a handsome boy!
    ~Amy~ TrakehNERD clique
    *Bugs 5/86-3/10 OTTB Mare* RIP lovely Lady, I miss you
    *Frodo '03 Anglo Trakehner Gelding*
    My Facebook

The other I noticed about Charlie is his beautiful eyes.

Justice, thanks for the updates and keep them coming pretty please
    \"Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it.\" Anne of Green Gables

Just looking for an update of how Charlie is doing and if you were able to place him since he did not pan out for your friend?
    "I would not beleive her if her tongue came notorized"

Default Update on our big guy

Please give your curb chains a good hard jingle for this big guy. After much searching for the perfect person for this horse, I think I have found one. A trainer friend of mine in Northern Michigan has a student that needs an equitation horse for local shows, and she is a great (and tall. Did I mention she's tall?) rider. But, alas, no budget for a horse of her own. Can we say potential match made in heaven? She leases now, so her parents are used to the upkeep on a horse, and the farm is beautiful. And, it's reasonably close to my place up North, so I'll have spoiling Aunt rights. Please say a prayer that this ends up being a blessing for the horse, the rider and the parents.

Please give your curb chains a good hard jingle for this big guy. After much searching for the perfect person for this horse, I think I have found one. A trainer friend of mine in Northern Michigan has a student that needs an equitation horse for local shows, and she is a great (and tall. Did I mention she's tall?) rider. But, alas, no budget for a horse of her own. Can we say potential match made in heaven? She leases now, so her parents are used to the upkeep on a horse, and the farm is beautiful. And, it's reasonably close to my place up North, so I'll have spoiling Aunt rights. Please say a prayer that this ends up being a blessing for the horse, the rider and the parents.
    This does indeed sound like a great possible match. Keep us posted (and we still want more photos!)!
    A proud friend of bar.ka.

Sounds like it may be a great match! Good luck. My fingers are crossed.

I want pictures too... I have yet to lay eyes on the giant boy. He's still in Jersey recuperating from his auction experience.