The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Good for you, Justice! You did the right thing. He pulled at my heartstrings also, but I'm in no position to take on another horse right now. He looks like an honest guy, and I hope you and your friend have fun with him!

Quote Originally Posted by monstrpony View Post
    Well done, Justice! The folks in charge of karma are watching Hope he works out splendedly for your friend.
    Justice, you rock!
    We of course expect updates - with photo illustrations - when he gets home and settled.

Thanks for looking after this guy. No, you can't save them all, but you saved THIS one, and it matters to him.

Justice, you're good people. Here's to a great partnership between him and your friend.

Yay Justice! Cheers to your (or your friend's!) new buddy, and I hope he has a quick and easy recovery/transition period. You've done a wonderful thing

Thank you Justice - I hope he repays you and your friend ! You done good - please let us know how it works out ?

JUstice you gave me chills! awesome! PLEASE keep us updated! I rescued my horse from the camelot feed lot last year and i love him to pieces...Way to go giving this guy a chance!!

Please keep us updated! Thank you for taking him in.

Quote Originally Posted by Justice View Post
    No one tell Mr. Justice.

I clicked through the link, saw the knee, and just felt sick. The horse is, according to several people that know him, sound and an expensive horse to keep. He is NOT an ex-grand prix horse (I don't think). I don't even know that he is an Oldenburg. Apparently he's not even that old. As in, 13ish. I called to make sure he'd been homed and the woman said she'd had tons of calls but it takes someone to buck up and pay for the horse or they stay in the kill pen. So, I pulled over and paid. He reminds me of Black Beauty in my favorite color.

He's going to a quarantine farm for a month to be powerpacked, get shots, and generally be deloused before coming home.

One thing I will say about this horse is that everyone who has known him has strong positive feelings about him and is trying to get more information for me. I am hoping he will work out for a friend of mine who rode 4-H as a kid and wants to get back into horses on a low-key basis. Errrr... Happy Birthday friend! I found you a horse with a knee the size of a basketball! So, now I am shopping for oversize bridles.
    Ha ha ha, Justice, you crazy girl! I'll take my paddling for that cutie-pie! Thank you for checking up on him. And double thank you for stepping up for him!

Be sure that you report back here all about him, please.

PS - are you still in MI and still showing that cute chestnut? I remember when you first moved there, and I remember spotting you at one of the shows way back when my daughter was still showing.

Yay! Justice prevails!

Add me to the group who saw this guy and was really really hoping he would land well. This just made my whole day!!!

Way to go Justice

Please please please keep us posted.
    \"Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it.\" Anne of Green Gables

Justice, just wanted to add my thanks for helping this boy. You've made my day.

http://community.webshots.com/user/ballyduff
    \"If you are going through hell, keep going.\" ~Churchill~

Thank you, Justice. How wonderful!

That is awesome! I was wondering if it was a COTHer who got him...

Congrats and glad he's got a new home. He's BIG! His pic looks like the horse with the teensy saddle in the SmartFlex ad that's on the upper right of my screen.

You are such a good soul and have done something I wish I could do. You made my day, week, month and year by doing this. The best of luck to you and your very lucky (person) friend and new horse friend!

Justice, you old softie. Why does this not surprise me at all?

We have a lovely large pony at our place that also came from Camelot - a friend saw the ad and fell in love with her face, and after her quarantine Miss Pony turned into a California Girl.

Congrats!
    EDDIE WOULD GO

Now, of course, we want photos!

I was talking to a woman at our barn whose daughter's hunter (did up to 3'9 or 4') eventually ended up on a trail string. He'd had an injury and went from a $100K horse to that in a matter of a couple of years. Someone saw him there, recognized him as a nice horse and got him for a lesson horse for little folks.
    A proud friend of bar.ka.

Member of both the Southern California and Michigan clique - currently residing in Grand Rapids, MI

@dcm... it's me, although that cute little chestnut baby green horse now has a female counterpart named Stella who is a distant relative. Justice is fat and happy as ever at Kentree. Stella lives at a country club that Big Horse (can't name them till I see them in person) will soon call home.

Big Horse has landed safely at the quarantine farm and they said he was a perfect gentleman. I also saw a video of him from last winter with a dressage trainer who says she thinks he is between 8 and 10 (I won't know until my dentist looks at him), and says he is branded Oldenburg. She also says she thinks he's bigger than 17.1.

He has an old fashioned build and is interesting looking. The person managing his quarantine said he trots sound on the knee. After watching the video I do not know what to think. This horse has been in the kill pen THREE times (that I know of). The last owner bought him out of the kill pen, messed around with him, brought him to the dressage trainer, they put about 500 pounds of fat and muscle on him, and then there was a falling out. They took the horse, and a few months later, sent him to the kill pen again (and now he's skinny). According to everyone who knows this horse, he has no vices. He just happens to live close to Camelot, so when people need to get out of a board bill, they can get a quick $500 instead of shelling it out.

What I can tell you from watching this horse go is that someone put some thought into breeding him. I don't know if he was an upper level dressage prospect or a jumper prospect, but he was meant for something. Someone knows who this horse is. He may have spent the last few years on the wrong side of the tracks, but I don't think that's where he started out.

I ordered lots of blue pop rocks for him and am excited for him to arrive in a month. I am still shell-shocked, and looking forward to lots of vet and dentist bills to figure out what the story is. I thought I bought a really old horse my tall friend could trail ride around the farm on if the knee was up for it. Now, the plot thickens. Luckily, I've recently been advised to keep my baby green horse instead of trading up for a 3'6" horse now, so Big Horse is reaping the financial rewards. Quite frankly, after all of this, I'm feeling a bit paranoid about letting any horse I know leave my sight. I know it happens all of the time. I just didn't want it to happen this time.

Pics tomorrow when I get them. I can't post the video because it's not mine to share.

WOW, what a story, how lucky he is to find you, not many horses get this many chances, hopefully this is his forever home, thanks....hope he is all you want him to be

Oh boy, this brought tears to my eyes. What a story there must be in this handsome guy's past. If only he could talk, what a story he could tell! Thank you again Justice... I'll take plenty of beatings if the outcome is like this one.

I'm not sure if anyone saw this photo that Sarah took of him and one other with their heads outside the window. What a *very* handsome horse you know own!

Picture of Big Horse at Camelot

PS Glad to hear little chestnut is fat and happy. He was a cutie. My daughter's eq horse is doing the fat and happy, too, but at HR, showing in the local 36 & O hunters!