The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default a sincere thank you from the smoothie lady

I welcome the opportunity to post a resounding THANK YOU to the support we received at the AEC's this past week, even when it was hardly smoothie weather! Eventers are the best!!!

Default You make the best smoothies!!!

Although the AEC's didn't go as planned for us, I will say that your Mango smoothie capped off the weekend very well.

Thank you!

ANYTIME is Smoothie Time!!!! Love them no matter the weather!!!
    ~ it no longer matters what level I do, as long as I am doing it..~ with many thanks, to Elizabeth Callahan

Gotta love the smoothie lady!

It was only because of you and your hot chocolate that I was warm enough to get through my 8:30am ride times! Add to that the wonderful smoothies I got in the afternoon to cool off and it was just perfection! I'm so glad I'm in Area 2 and lucky enough to have you at most local events!! Thanks for being there!!! =D

I heard a rumor that you'll be at Marlborough this weekend. I call 70 degrees and sunny perfect smoothie weather, so hopefully I'll see you bright and early Saturday morning

Hey COTHers, what's the best flavor?

I had a minimum of a smoothie a day and usually two (strawberry mango was my personal favorite) and my ONLY regret is that it sounds like Area II has you!

The Florida season is pretty much all in the winter but it's always smoothie time.... just sayin'.

If you don't make a trip to FL this winter, I'll have to see where you are for my road trips!
    The rebel in the grey shirt

Try a chocolate banana smoothie if you have a sweet tooth to satisfy It's high on my list of faves! (among strawberry banana, pineapple kiwi,... oooh the creations are endless! haha)

kiwi raspberry. But it is a truly dreadful color. This turns out to be an advantage, as no one tries to steal it from you

We in Area II know our smoothie lady to be a true secret weapon and we won't give her up easily!!!
    The big man -- my lost prince

The little brother, now my main man

I just thought I'd mention that I sincerely hope you're at the AECs next year, because (as some of you know) smoothies are honestly my reason for trying to qualify.
    Trying a life outside of FEI tents and hotel rooms.

The plain ol' raspberry is scrumptious, but it's also good with the mandarin orange!!

Yum!! THANK YOU!!!

I was so excited to see you that I bought five smoothies! Worth every cent. My flavors were:

Mango
    Mango-Pineapple
    Strawberry-Banana
    Mandarin Orange-Pineapple
    Mango-Strawberry

(Yup, I <3 Mango smoothies, although even the smoothie lady's mango smoothies didn't top the mango smoothie I got to have when I visited Grenada this summer...)

Quote Originally Posted by JWB View Post
    I had a minimum of a smoothie a day and usually two (strawberry mango was my personal favorite) and my ONLY regret is that it sounds like Area II has you!

The Florida season is pretty much all in the winter but it's always smoothie time.... just sayin'.

If you don't make a trip to FL this winter, I'll have to see where you are for my road trips!
    When the 2012 schedule comes out, I'm going to look into both the Aiken and Florida show schedule and see what I can get into down there!

Quote Originally Posted by Duckz View Post
    I heard a rumor that you'll be at Marlborough this weekend. I call 70 degrees and sunny perfect smoothie weather, so hopefully I'll see you bright and early Saturday morning

Hey COTHers, what's the best flavor?
    We WILL see you at Marlborough! I even got my health department permit so we won't get kicked out this year! Soooo, see you bright and early Saturday and Sunday morn. gonna be COLD in the a.m.!

Quote Originally Posted by postalgoddess View Post
    When the 2012 schedule comes out, I'm going to look into both the Aiken and Florida show schedule and see what I can get into down there!
    Yes, come to Aiken, please! There are many, many wonderful shows. And we have smoothie-appropriate afternoons at least 10 months out of the year, and would love to have you. I'd come even w/o a horse to compete just to get one!
    Equinox Equine Massage

In the depth of winter, I finally learned that there was in me invincible summer.
    -Albert Camus

She was in Aiken last year. Hot drinks saved my life a couple mornings when it was 28 degrees at Full Gallop. Smoothies were perfect when it was 90-something at Olney in August. Yummmm
    OTTBs rule, but spots are good too!

I've said on here before that in Area II, a recognized event isn't really recognized unless the smoothie lady is present.

One of my fondest memories of eventing is sharing a smoothie w/ my horse after a pipe opener. He looked like he'd died and gone to mango smoothie heaven. :-)
    I tolerate all kinds of animal idiosyncrasies.
    I've found that I don't tolerate people idiosyncrasies as well. - Casey09

One thing I always look forward to when going to an event is getting a smoothie from the Smoothie Lady!! Though last time (Seneca), I hardly got to have any because my sons stole it.