The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Exclamation Irish Sport Horse Gelding in Wellington, FL

'91 Irish Sport Horse Gelding
    Dark Bay - 17.1 h

Competed this past WEF successfully with Amateur at 3'1 height - with maintenance and a good work program would be happy, comfortable, and successful at the 3'6-3'9 height.

He's a very special type and will need a rider that is equally as bold. He's strong and loves to go - so as long as you can keep up and not interfere with him, he's going to give you a good ride.

I can't put a price on him, and would rather find a good home for him where he will be loved and enjoyed. Unfortunately, the number of young horses in our program have shifted the hours in our day and while he's happy eating and getting turned out - he'd be happier with a job and to be someone's focus.

About eight months ago we had his back injected for the first time ever - and that would be something I'd recommend he have done simply because we saw a happier way of going from him once done. Has had hocks and stifles done before, but not recently. He is currently sound and located in Wellington, Florida - has been out of steady work for a few months, and is ridden 2-3x/week by a 12-year-old student. No special shoeing or supplements/medication, no history of colic or health problems.

http://youtu.be/3Ptkaz9JMJo
    http://youtu.be/ywuo6Gxbqc0

He has his quirks, and I'd be more than happy to elaborate on anything candidly with whomever has questions!

I am very interested in thia horse. His home would be with an equine veterinarian that shows lightly in the Child/Adullt jumpers. He would have a great life on the vet's personal farm and receive all thecae that he needs. Please let us know if he is still available and if available when we could pick him up.