The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Build An Eventer... (build a bear lol)

This may have been done before but I couldn't find it anywhere... If you could "build" your event horse from the ground up (and pedigree up) what would you pick out? Just as a fun Monday thread
    -SW-
    Precious Few- 1998 OTTB

This is fun!

Breed: TB/Hanoverian
    Height: between 16.2hh and 17.1hh (I'm tall...)
    Color: chestnut w/ chrome or palomino. Or black. Or dark bay...or grey...

I don't know enough about TB bloodlines to choose, but if it were a TB(sire)/Hano(dam), I'd pick a dam with lines with Gonzo I, Feurst Gotthert, Black Tie Affair, or Contucci. The sire would be Salute the Truth or Legacy In Gold.

And I want this horse by Christmas, so please pass my order along to Santa!
    Please visit the Donate page!

https://justworldeventer.squarespace.com

(Can't sleep).

-15.3-16.1h.
    -nice, big feet with a good shape and good angles.
    -good bone, but not super thick.
    -short coupled with a lovely neck and shoulder.
    -3 fabo gaits, but with a wildly fantastic, efficent, ground covering gallop.
    -a solid brain in the skull. Could care less if he's quiet, but should have a willing disposition but a few brain cells left over to think for himself.
    -a good jump with plenty of scope but doesn't need to be flamboyant or flashy...just clever, athletic, and scopey.
    -and, a gelding.

Could care less about color or markings (i'm partial to bays). And care even less about pedigree or breeding. However, what I described is basically a classy TB (Toby!) or a cross with lots of TB.

I'm mildly obsessed with the British horse Colby II, so for s**ts and giggles, if everything above came in an appy spotted package, it would be hysterically awesome!

This thread title reminded me of a series of articles from years ago--maybe in Equus?--where they built a horse from the ground up. It was all about correct conformation and how all the horse's parts connected (tendons, ligaments, muscles, etc.), and the drawings had little construction guys "building" the horse. Anyone else remember this?

- thoroughbred
    - bright chestnut with a tasteful amount of chrome
    - big bodied 16.3
    - sound/good feet
    - daisy cutter movement and an auto lead change, for those days when I get nostalgic for the hunter ring
    - comes installed with go button, brakes, lateral movements
    - brain and heart of current horse

*drool*

Oooooh this is going to be fun... I was thinking about this yesterday on my way over to the barn hehe.

Breed: Appy/TB X.
    Pedigree: my old appy (who in my build an event horse world had his manliness lol) out of a tall, lanky TB mare (black or bay ). OK, so that's not *really* a pedigree but that's what I'd want!
    Color: well, since the appy was silver, I'd be hoping the foal was a silver bay.
    Height: 17hh. Erm... His mom was tall?
    Confo: Long, leggy, and tall, but with good length in the back. Lower set neck but uphill.
    Other stuff: I'd want a horse that had a lot of heart, who'd jump anything and would walk through fire for me, but who was also smarter than me, quick on his feet, and tougher than a $2 steak. A nice mover on the flat, but not a Ravel or Tortilas. Very athletic. Easy peasy lemon squeezy changes. Brilliant form O/F. Gets leads O/F so you don't actually have you use the EPLS changes. And above all... SOUND WITH GOOD FEET!
    I've heard there's more to life than an FEI tent and hotel rooms, so I'm trying it.

Can I get a horse with Arthur's movement, Woodburn's courage and Custom Made's generosity in sj for when I forget how to ride?

Oh and anything but grey, I think they're lovely, but I'm too anal to try and get one my version of clean before an event...

In gelding form, preferably with my current horse's ground manners/attitude which is very easy going when being on a lead or in cross ties.

I'd go anywhere between 15.3 and 16.3hh, but built like a tank, with feet of iron that are well proportioned.

Yeah, that would be one awesome horse... sigh

I would want a gelding who was 16.3hh and bright bay with a little white stripe (must be even!) on its face.

Breeding I would want maybe Heraldik as the stallion out of a Presenting mare as that would be the near perfect pedigree.

They would have good feet, good limbs, slightly uphill, good length of neck, bold expression, good shoulders and short coupled.

More importantly they would be trainable, switched on, move well and careful but bold.

Not too much to ask!
    The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary.

I knew this would be fun to read over I was just thinking about it yesterday and thought why not make it a topic!
    -SW-
    Precious Few- 1998 OTTB

My 19 year old guys pedigree, jumping talent, soundness and size (16 hands even), also coloring like that (dark bay with just a touch of white) with someone else's love of dressage
    OTTBs rule, but spots are good too!

Ok... Can I please have something by this - http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/templebready+fear+bui

Out of a TB mare by this - (if I am only allowed living) http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/kadeed

Or this (if deceased are allowed in this fantasy world )
    http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/carnival+night

So, given the Templebready daddy, it would hopefully be buckskin. About 16.2hh.
    Brain and nimbleness of a pony with the big galloping stride of a TB.
    Jump from Templebready and movement from both.

Soundness and hardiness of the pony also.

Actually... sigh.. my mum once went to see a stallion in the same yard that Templebready Fear Bui was standing and loved him, but presumed he wouldn't be suitable for her..... Carnival Night mare!!!!
    That was before he became known for breeding nice event horses.

I am shopping for this perfect beast right now and it's driving me nuts...

16.1-16.3hh
    Gelding or very, very non-marish mare
    2-6 years old
    Pedigree that shows both parents with a serious competition record in jumping/eventing.
    Must show ability to jump at least 3'6" with boldness and scope - either under saddle or in chute. Video proof required. I want to get to Prelim without scaring everyone.
    TB sire and WB dam, but the reverse is fine.
    Big old WB feet - hard as rocks. Could go Novice barefoot.
    Straight, clean legs with correct angles.
    A good length of rein.
    Lovely sloped shoulder, uphill build
    Powerful hind end. I prefer a long, gently sloped hip to a steep one.
    A strong, medium length back.
    Good SI-point of hip relationship.
    Chestnut or bay with 4 socks and a blaze. Or black. Or deep liver. With a massive tail
    Oh, and the most important: smart, smart, smart and generous to boot.

(please don't PM me about a horse you have for sale that doesn't fit ALL these criteria. OK, except the color part )
    http://www.xanthoria.com/OTTB

Can I just reincarnate Woodburn and go with him? Thanks.
    "Lord if we should fall, my horse and I, please pick my horse up first."

www.thestartbox.wordpress.com
    www.useaiv.org

This one would have to be a dual purpose mount. DD likes to jump I on the other hand like to do Dressage and trail.
    1. Must like to do dressage
    2. 14-16 hands max. Not 16.2 not 17hh not 13.1 hands without shoes. (Can you tell I've had issues on this?)
    3. If it's pony size I want a Mardi Gras baby in gold not cream. I'm negotiable on markings. (NO BLUE EYES)
    4. If it's horse size I want a Fred baby on the top and Ironman on the bottom. I love em tough and I know I'll get the TB heart and the Iron feet with that mix.
    5. I'm negotiable on coloring with a horse size only because it's a Fred baby I'll forgive a dark bay but I'd prefer a chestnut or grey.
    Adoring fan of A Fine Romance
    Originally Posted by alicen:
    What serious breeder would think that a horse at that performance level is push button? Even so, that's still a lot of buttons to push.

If this is purely make-believe type stuff, or at least when I win the lottery type stuff, I'll give it a go.

16.1 ish, preferably not taller
    Gelding
    Bay-Black with chrome, more than a star or snip and a tiny sock. Something more along the lines at least 2 tall socks and a full blaze OR a piebald or dark skewbald horse. something like this wouldn't kill me. http://www.crestlinefarm.com/images/...ide2_lores.jpg
    Built like something Irish, nice bone, nice big feet, deep girth, but not too terribly wide (I have long legs and narrow hips) but no preference on breed
    Something 10 or under, I think 8 would be the sweet spot for age most likely
    Experience up to Intermediate-ish, but sweet and willing with personality +++. Has to be able to pack around a one armed, no legged monkey humping a football over a course that would most likely, even if I got serious, never even make it to Prelim, or whatever else I decide to do that day

I would be willing to pay whatever the cost, again, if I won the lottery.
    Rhode Islands are red;
    North Hollands are blue.
    Sorry my thoroughbreds
    Stomped on your roo. Originally Posted by pAin't_Misbehavin' :

15.1-16h
    Mare
    great laid-back shoulder, nice short loin, big engine, deep girth, classy refined head, big sweet eyes
    bay with no markings
    great ground manners, calm, unflappable, smart, willing
    aptitude for dressage but brave and safe cross country
    a 9 canter (lol well I can dream right?)
    Ideally a TB cross (possibly ISH?)

Essentially I want someone to give me a deluxe version of my girl