The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Online video of Gladstone GP freestyle?

I enjoyed the Livestreaming of the I1 freestyles yesterday morning, but admit that after having worked all night the night before, I just couldn't manage to stay awake for the GP freestyles Sunday afternoon (had to get some sleep before going back in on Night Shift).

I've gone to the USEF website, and while some of the GP special and other rides are available online...I don't find any of the freestyles. Reserved for DVD purchases perhaps? Anyone know if there's someplace else where the top four rides might be viewed online?
    "It's not a mistake if you knew what you were doing was wrong."

Ravel's freestyle is in the COTH article titled "Peters will lead dream team...."

Seelink at right of this page, in the "most popular" box.

I just watched Heather's ride on Paragon.
    it was not there last night.

It is on the right hand bar which slides up and down.

Chronicle of the Horse Youtube page

It took me five clicks to get there; it was no longer on the right in "most popular"

The www.usefnetwork.com videos are much higher quality and you can see much more detail.
    The USEF cameras are right at the ring. You are as close as the judge's box.
    The Chronicle video is taken from much further away.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharon View Post
    The www.usefnetwork.com videos are much higher quality and you can see much more detail.
    The USEF cameras are right at the ring. You are as close as the judge's box.
    The Chronicle video is taken from much further away.
    Thanks for the link!

Thanks for the link. I just watched Steffen on Weltino. Of course he's a wonderful rider and a lovely horse, but that music sucks, and the commentary about it is a load of s***t. The canter music was not great, the trot and walk had NO beat and it was all very boring background music that did not look like it was ridden to. With those scores, they must have given him huge marks on it. Come on.

Paragon--NO beat in the walk music, NO beat in the canter music, finally the trot music has a beat in some of it until it fades out into background music. And the commentator is saying "very lovely music???"

I'm going to watch the rest and see if it gets any better, but what's going on? Why is there suddenly no beat to the music anymore? I'm not a spot on has to match the music exactly type of person, but this is ridiculous.