The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Star Trek

So instead of painting I sat around this morning drinking coffee and watching the bio on Star Trek.

William Shatner is Canadian, I did not know that and seeing clips of him compared to other actors that tried out for the captain's job, I see how much better he really was. I'm not a trekkie, but I did love the show as a kid. Seeing the characters now and hearing the stories behind the show is fascinating! Gene Roddenberry was a genius.

The first captain (Kirk) was chosen for his swash-buckling style and the second (Picard) for his diplomatic skills.

And what breed is the fabulously beautiful white horse that Picard rides in the similator?
    "All top hat and no canter". *Graureiter*

You do realize William Shatner is very big in the horse business, don't you? Particularly American Saddlebred Horses, though I think he's involved with reining horses also.
    "My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." ~ Jack Layton

I saw William Shatner ride his saddlebred horses at the Roanoke County Horse Show in the early 90's. Very nice man and nice horses. I do believe he used one of his own horses in the Star Trek movie Generations. Capt Picard rode what looked to be a QH in that movie.

I believe the gray that Picard saddled on the holodeck was an Arab. He never did get to get on him though.

I've seen videos of Shatner riding, he's a good horseman. I just tried looking online for the horse that Picard was riding in the tv series. I think it might be a Lip.

There is a brand new captain of the Enterprise, it will come out in 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by Schatzi09 View Post
    I saw William Shatner ride his saddlebred horses at the Roanoke County Horse Show in the early 90's. Very nice man and nice horses. I do believe he used one of his own horses in the Star Trek movie Generations. Capt Picard rode what looked to be a QH in that movie.

I believe the gray that Picard saddled on the holodeck was an Arab. He never did get to get on him though.
    That's what it was, the 'holodeck'. But yes, I saw one show with him galloping through the trees of his home in France (but he was actually in the holodeck). And I thought the horse had a huge, white flowing mane?

Years ago they had a man on tv whose claim to fame was that he was at the pool when Shater (a college student then) jumped off the diving board and lost his trunks. The joys of celebrity include being reminded of everything you ever did in your entire life.
    You can't fix stupid-Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by Gestalt View Post
    There is a brand new captain of the Enterprise, it will come out in 2012.
    Really? How have I not heard this! I love Star Trek in all its incarnations. I am a very happy girl now that they are all on Netflix -although Deep Space 9 has yet to appear for some reason.