The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I don't remember ever cubbing in a stock.
    ... _. ._ .._. .._

Colored stock. 2/3rds of Va. ladies wear colored stocks for cubbing/ratcatcher days. The other 1/3rd do men's ties.
    * www.huntersrest.net -- Virginia hunt country's best Bed-and-Breakfast-and-Barn.

Does he give clinics? I'm pretty sure if I tell my guy he's going to a Further concert, he'd be there.
    "Rock n' roll's not through, yeah, I'm sewing wings on this thing." --Destroyer
    http://dressagescriblog.wordpress.com/

Default THE PIN has now fairly hunted.

Including an attack by ground bees, a gallant leap by a Very Good Horse over a ditch big enough to give me pause (if I'd actually had time to think about it).

It stayed put, held my stock tie (colored with a pattern) in place and arrived back at the party, late, as I gave a girl a ride into town to visit the Paramedics for her bee sting reaction.

A Very Good Day.

My DH does give lessons, but most men find them quite painful and expensive.

None of the gals in the hunt have actually tried to unseat me, but they do suggest I ride well enough to hunt the "questionable" horses..... hummm.

Talking Look out!

Beware! The ladies are looking for a "crash dummy" and they won't care if she has a spiffy stock pin either. Don't trust 'em any further than you can throw them.....beware!!

Bet the bees were attracted to the bling....umm yeah....that's why I don't wear any bling when I hunt....,ummm yeah...that's it!

Default The bees were nasty,

and I, wearing bling, must have blinded them sufficiently, as I was the only one in our little group that did not get stung. Apparently, since I cannot wear my Foxhunting Princess tiara with my helmet, The Pin was an instant giveaway to my social status...

I'm laughing out loud right now. I couldn't afford a mailbox in the neighborhood where we were hunting!!

Now you know why we wear our diamonds and LED lites! They blind the bees and help the butlers find us with the libations.
    Intermediate Riding Skills