The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Clarksdale, MS--the golden buckle on the cotton belt

Default Mystic Replica TB stallion

Just been researching Relic male line descendants. He had probably six times as many daughters as sons. Interestingly enough, and I guess I'd not really grasped the rarity, Mystic Replica may be one of the very last surviving male line descendants of Relic--through Mystic. Mystic Replica also has got the very rare Wise Counsellor on the first page.

I think if one had a RAN line mare, he'd be a nice choice for a sport horse that built on the Padua mare line.
    "I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay."
    Thread killer Extraordinaire

More importantly to me, he is a son of Babamist, sire of many top eventers in the glory days of the long format. Denny used him extensively in his breeding program and if my memory isn't failing me, Denny rode Babmist at the upper levels as well.
    www.debracysporthorses.com
    Home of Sea Accounts xx
    AHS/HV, ATA, GOV, RPSI, JC, AQHA, APHA, APtHA
    "LIKE" www.facebook.com/SeaAccounts

I had two mares I bred from a Mystic daughter and loved them. Sadly lost one years ago and then lost Wabbit last year. I had purchased their dam at a TB sale and she had produced several runners. Wish I could find another close Mystic bred mare.

Quote Originally Posted by cyriz's mom View Post
    More importantly to me, he is a son of Babamist, sire of many top eventers in the glory days of the long format. Denny used him extensively in his breeding program and if my memory isn't failing me, Denny rode Babmist at the upper levels as well.

Don't know about Denny...but Bruce Davidson rode a lot of the Babmist offspring.

I rode several when I worked for Frank. We had Last Mystic (mare) and Mystic Hill (gelding) competing who were offspring of Mystic II...as well as a few babmist offspring. Not big horses....nor super scopey movers...but scopey and cat like jumpers. ETA: These were the Mystic II horses that I knew...the Mystic Replica offspring that I saw had the same good jump and were better movers (and were larger/taller).

I love the look of Mystic Replica...and have meet a few of his offspring who are lovely. He's on my list to cross with one of my WB mares....if I decide not to worry about registering the offspring.
    Last edited by bornfreenowexpensive; Sep. 9, 2011 at 06:20 PM.
    ** The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits. -- Albert Einstein **

Mary has a website for him:
    http://www.lanefieldfarm.com/mysticreplica.htm
    She, I believe, has used the PHR for offspring from shipped and/or frozen semen. They may also be eligible for the AWR.
    Anne
    -------
    "Where knowledge ends violence begins." B. Ljundquist

I just need a good TB Mare.. there are several Full TB's out there I want to use.

Smile

I am the happy owner of two Mystic Replica offspring. They are full brother and sister out of Summer Sun - whose mama won team Gold for Canada in Lexington in 1978.

They are both big - mare 16.3, gelding 17.1.

They are very fancy movers and are xc machines!

Just about to move up to Prel. and Int. if all goes well.

They are sensitive horses and a bit sharp! Very cool horses when you have their confidence. Love them.

There again, in Mystic Replica's pedigree, is a Fair Trial son feeding into the tail female line, as in Burghley Winner Parklane Hawk, and Rolex winner and 3rd place Burghley finisher, King's Temptress.

Mystic Replica:
    http://www.pedigreequery.com/mystic+replica

Parklane Hawk:
    http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/parklane+hawk

King's Temptress:
    http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/kings+temptress

Clarksdale, MS--the golden buckle on the cotton belt

Fair Trial is one of the stallions who has an excellent reputation for movement. He might have gotten it from the Son-In-Law in Lady Juror.
    "I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay."
    Thread killer Extraordinaire