The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default VA/MD peeps: Dr Jim the chiro?

Alas, I am in need of a new chiro for my guys. I have a couple recommendations already, but keep hearing rave reviews for a Dr Jim, who comes apparently to MD from VA on a regular basis.

Alas, these reviews are all second hand (my vet, my farrier, etc) and do not include a last name or a phone number/email.

Any help?
    The big man -- no longer an only child

His new little brother

Quote Originally Posted by asterix View Post
    Alas, I am in need of a new chiro for my guys. I have a couple recommendations already, but keep hearing rave reviews for a Dr Jim, who comes apparently to MD from VA on a regular basis.

Alas, these reviews are all second hand (my vet, my farrier, etc) and do not include a last name or a phone number/email.

Any help?
    Yes, his name is Jim Yancunis and he has a web site, I can get you his number if you give me a minute, but look him up it may be quicker.

He will teach you a lot, but fair warning he does not suffer fools lightly My horse had numerous complicated problems, so she is still a work in progress.
    RIP Kelly 1977-2007 "Wither thou goest, so shall I"

"To tilt when you should withdraw is Knightly too."

Found him, thanks! Let's hope he doesn't think I'm a fool, although frankly if he can fix my guy I won't care anyway...

His new little brother

I'm a big fan of Dr. Steve Dill, have used him for years. He is not only talented and effective, but is a delightful human being, which is a bonus. Let me know if you want his contact info

Which of your boys is this for, the FP?
    "Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies."

"It's supposed to be hard...the hard is what makes it great!" (Jimmy Dugan, "A League of Their Own")

Thanks, Dr. D, I may do that -- my great vet who did everything can no longer do chiro bc of HER arthritis, and my 2nd attempt, also great, does not return phone calls. Ever. Very frustrating.

No, the FP is indestructible, and I am toying with finding him a dressage/foxhunting home

The lovely Prince P had some kind of epic wipe out (I assume) in the muck, pulled both front shoes, and came in so back sore we had to sedate him to do acupuncture (vet was there to work on his shoulder, luckily).

He's on banamine over the weekend and seems to be better but my vet was literally wiggling her fingers over his need for adjustments...

His new little brother

I love Dr.Jim! He works on all our horses and makes them so much happier. Gives you homework, too. We have rehabbed many horses that came to us with issues and are now competing better than ever. We are lucky as he lives only 15 minutes from our farm.

Merle-Smith Eventing and
    Virginia Field Hunters.