The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Feel free to ignore *vent*

Yay, fall.

The weather is cooling off and the fall eventing season is on its way.

Good, right?

Nope.

Fall has made my horse lose his mind temporarily. And today, I cannot convey a thought at all, and my AS is bugging me and I tore another muscle.

And yes, I'm being very whiny right now because frankly, everything hurts, I can't sleep, and I am not a happy camper.

GAHHHHHHHH! Anyone else need to vent?
    I've heard there's more to life than an FEI tent and hotel rooms, so I'm trying it.

Its not nowhere, but you can see it from here

Hot shower and a Benedryl!! Sweet dreams!!

I went to my DO for an adjustment, had some xrays and found out that when my daughter jumped out the back of the Yukon and grabbed the handle loop and pulled the door down on me 3 weeks ago, she literally knocked the curve out of my neck. But I got some yummy Flexeril so I am on my way to dream land.

Seeing that you are the founder of the Jr. COTHers, I cannot advocate any other method of pain relief or sleep induction. But know this....I am envious of your youth!!!
    From AliCat518 "Seriously, why would you NOT put fried chicken in your purse?!"

Geeez that sounds painful! Jingles for a speedy recovery!
    I've heard there's more to life than an FEI tent and hotel rooms, so I'm trying it.

EFFING POISON IVY ON MY ARMS.

And I could live with it if I could ride my horses. But no. 6 inches of effing rain fell and water is ponding everywhere.

The itching is driving me crazee and I can't sleep.

rustbreeches - I heart Flexeril. Keep my QL muscles from locking up.
    Brothers and sisters, I bid you beware
    Of giving your heart to a dog to tear.
    -Rudyard Kipling

I just school and I hate the shorter days, the bitter cold, the dark, the damp, the fact that we have no real arena where I am so it's often either frozen solid or waterlogged... Ugh. That's my complaint!

Hope you all feel better.
    I'll vent!
    The whole barn is under water! There's sucky mud everywhere, getting worse every day, and yesterday my trainer declared the jump field officially too sloppy for any sort of work. and it's supposed to keep raining considerably every day for the next week or more. I know we need the rain, but I hate that it inhibits riding.
    For the most part the only place to lunge is on the driveway, w/ cars going around to pull in and out. They have a covered roundpen, but much of the time it's being used as a turnout for rehab horses. The open roundpens and paddocks are at least as bad as the field, many of them are worse. The only place to ride is on the road that goes through the property. It's elevated and dragged regularly so the footing is decent, but all you can do is go briefly in a straight line w/ an almost impossibly tight turn at each end of the road. That's not something I'm going to do every day for weeks!
    I may just have to put my horse on the walker for a few days. Or maybe I could trailer out somewhere. Perhaps take the opportunity to go XC schooling a few hours north where it's not so wet.
    Frustrating though.

I had a riding ring put in after over 7 years of waiting.

The base has been in for a while now. A long while.

It took about 6 weeks to have that done due to the weather.

Since then 24" of rain has fallen. Can't have the footing delivered until it STOPS RAINING!!!!

And the worst part? We don't need the freaking rain and so many other parts of the country needs it drastically. So wish this was falling in TX...putting out the fires and soaking into the ground.
    You jump in the saddle,
    Hold onto the bridle!
    Jump in the line!
    ...Belefonte

My vent: I'm so sick of job hunting! Seriously! I've been doing it for months and months, and there are NO temp agencies around here. Ugh. Horse needs to eat, I need to eat - thankfully we've been making it work until now, but I'm running out of time. It's really scary how hard it is to find something.

Cleaning up after underage idiots who use the local farm's back driveway to tie one on...
    Nudging "Almost Heaven" a little closer still...
    http://www.wvhorsetrainer.com

Sounds like everyone needed a good vent, not just me... Jingles that everything works out for ya'll!

Mosquitoes.

We had a dry summer. Too dry actually. The lawn and pasture were crunchy all of July.

Now we have had some rain. Lawn is green. Pasture is green.

Mosquitoes have come out in mass quantity. I mean swarms of them. And nothing is working. I spray my poor horses with Deep Woods Off (always worked before) and I turn around and they are covered with mosquitoes again.

We are all, horses and me, covered with itchy red welts now.

Grrrrr!

You all have my sympathy and jingles.

I'm not venting about anything YET but give me a chance.

Right now I'm so thrilled to get cooler weather and so are the horses. One has basically lived on Dex for the last month and will for the rest of this month due to horrendous itching. His face looked like it had been through a meat grinder and finally no open sores.

The other has allergies to all the wonderful things in western NY, like grasses, trees and weeds so the rain we've had has been keeping the pollens down. Not that he gets ridden anymore so his head flipping isn't an issue.

I do wish though with Misty Blue that the rain we are getting would head over to TX real fast. I'm nowhere near as bad as those in the eastern and central NY are or those in New England that have had to deal with Irene and Lee but the grass is growing and I can barely get out between downpours to get any cut. I was able to get out Tuesday and now at Thursday it needs it again.
    Sue
    Back in my day, we didn't have as many warning labels because people weren't so dang stupid!

Mother Nature must be angry. And cruel.

How is it that on the East Coast we are getting SOAKED and SOAKED and did I mention SOAKED? And 1200 miles away Texas is on fire?

Puts things in perspective I guess, about how much we cant control. It as humbling as it is frustrating.
    Barn rat for life

The Big Horse

Quote Originally Posted by wcporter View Post
    Mother Nature must be angry. And cruel.

How is it that on the East Coast we are getting SOAKED and SOAKED and did I mention SOAKED? And 1200 miles away Texas is on fire?

Puts things in perspective I guess, about how much we cant control. It as humbling as it is frustrating.
    Very true... Fortunately after torrential rains it looks like we're done in my area at least for a little while. But geeez, when it was raining it was raining with a gusto I have never seen and never hope to see again! My tack room actually flooded thank God everything was up off the floor for the most part!

yes I to would love to send our rain to Texas and other drought places that need it more, do you know hard it is to potty train a puppy with the rain, wind and cold for 3 days straight