The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default I backed my new pony today!! :-D (Pics added!!)

Still so excited that I backed my new "hopefully gonna be an awesome event pony" today! She was brilliant and unphased as she has been in all her training so far! After a year and a half on riding hiatus this new girl has reinspired me and now I'm just itching to get back to eventing next spring! Send some jingles this weekend as we are confirming that brakes and steering thing on the ground and then I'm off without a handler! Honestly this has been the easiest and most wonderful horse I have ever had the pleasure of working with. Nothing shakes her, she follows me like a lost dog, screams and chases my car down the driveway when I leave and then stands there calling to me. Everything I have introduced has been a non-issue, she's extremely calm and brave and she's a gorgeous mover to boot! Not to mention she's a Clydesdale/Haflinger/Percheron/Morgan and looks exactly like someone threw a Clydesdale in the dryer for too long! LOL. She's literally a shrunken clydesdale! Just so happy and in love and had to share! So great to be back in horses and can't wait for our first real ride in the following week! Yay! :-D
    Last edited by Keg-A-Bacchus; Sep. 7, 2011 at 07:02 PM.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."

You know that you're going to have to post pics now...right?

Congrats...hopefully your new girl will continue to be the fabulous filly she sounds like she is! Good luck!

totally inappropriate to have a post like this....without pictures

Looking forward to hearing the further adventures of the Shrunken Clydesdale event pony
    OTTBs rule, but spots are good too!

Congratulations! My guy is also a shrunken Clydesdale (15.1hh) being a mix of Clydesdale, Morgan, and god knows what else (he's a PMU rescue). Good luck with yours, mines a ton of fun!
    Last edited by JFCeventer; Sep. 7, 2011 at 10:03 AM. Reason: Spelling fail...
    Blog: http://movingonupeventing.blogspot.com/

Don't believe the hype.

Here's Willa! All 3.5 years old, 13.3hh of shrunken Clydesdale pony for your viewing pleasure! She's brilliant again and we confirmed her steering and halting in hand today...she's ready to go this weekend! JFCeventer your guy is darling! Maybe we should start a Shrunken Clydesdale Lovers group. LOL

www.photobucket.com/adventuresofwilla
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."

Oh. My. Cuteness!!

Well she's just stinkin' adorable!! Enjoy!
    If you believe everything you read, better not read. -- Japanese Proverb

Well the adventures of Willa The Shrunken Clydesdale have come to a screeching halt as I blew out my knee last night. Riding my pony is off the menu for the next 6-8 weeks (insert screaming, groaning, stomping of the good leg and finish with a full blown temper tantrum that includes me flailing around kicking and screaming on the floor). When I am mended up I will keep you posted on her progress. Heavy sigh :-(

Noooo! So sorry to read of your knee wrenching. Quick recovery, you! Big job ahead entertaining your Super Cute Shrunken Clydesdale.

She is too cute. Best wishes.

Default Oh no!

So sorry about your knee!

But your Shrunken Clydesdale is absolutely adorable and looks to be super smart and a super good mover! And this just means more time to bond with her on the ground, right? Sorry... I tend to be a "silver lining" kind of gal.
    "The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horse's ears." ~Arabian proverb

http://www.janakellam.com