The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Chance of Flurries/Hope Glynn? Anyone know about this horse?

Hi there,
    I've been reading COTH for a while, and I found myself looking through photos of the $50,000 USHJA International Hunter Derby at the Hampton Classic and saw a picture of this horse with Hope Glynn and was curious how he is bred. Does anyone know?
    I'm not much of a color guru, but I'm pretty smitten with his color. I tried to find his sire/dam on USEF, but to no avail.
    I feel silly making a topic, but no one at the barn has ever heard of this horse, so I assumed that this would be a good place to start.
    I just think this horse looks fantastic!

Thanks

Lovely horse. He was original owned by Gordon Leak (ridden by John French) here is the Leak's website info.http://www.sovereignfarms.com/ (or at least the email)

Very good looking horse based on that one still picture! Cool color as well...
    ....Of the younger variety

Quote Originally Posted by Ammy Owner View Post
    Very good looking horse based on that one still picture! Cool color as well...
    He's awesome. Everyone here in the Bay Area is ridiculously in love with him

That web site says you must sign in and I can't get any other pictures of him to come up in a Google search. Any ideas? Tx.

I had never heard of him until I saw him compete in the Hunter Derby at the Hampton Classic last weekend. My friend and I fell in love with him, a very nice horse and rider too.

Pretty horse! Looks to me like it might be a rabicano a genetic condition where the flanks and top of the tail gradually go grey.

Lovely looking horse.

Now I am super curious to find out its breeding, because its coloring and even jump style remind me quite a bit of my horse...

Somerset has high/jagged whites, a blaze, and the rabicano roaning all over too!

http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y19...t=Comments.jpg

http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y19...kJuly12007.jpg
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

Thanks for the link, Lee. Gorgeous horse.

Now, OMG, who teaches Hope Glynn? How Soft, Fluid, Kind, . . . of a rider.

What else does this this rider do?

I believe she is a trainer

"Hope Hobday Glynn rode as a junior in Northern California under the tutelage of her mother Pricilla Hobday and Patty Ball."

From their website

Quote Originally Posted by sonomacounty View Post
    Thanks for the link, Lee. Gorgeous horse.

Now, OMG, who teaches Hope Glynn? How Soft, Fluid, Kind, . . . of a rider.

What else does this this rider do?
    Lol.. she is a trainer and co-owns Sonoma Valley Stables with her hubby.

http://www.sonomavalleystables.com/

Its a local barn.. well, local to me. About 5 miles from my house. We have more than wine in Northern California!

and "sonomacounty" as in Northern California sonoma county?

I would love to have a rabicano. I'm not a color snob, but that coloring would be especially amazing.

Thanks LeeB10 for the link. I actually went to her website originally to see if they had his breeding listed...and then I got distracted by a plethora of MORE lovely horses

I actually walked out an in-gate once while Hope was sending a client into the ring. From what I've seen of Hope, she is very kind and the type of trainer I'd ride with. She is also an exceptional rider.

I am *not* a color expert, but IIRC rabicano appears in bay horses. Chance of Flurries appears to be simply, and adorably, roan. The strawberry variety, since the base coat is chestnut.
    Athletic Horses. Educated Riders.
    www.Ride-With-Confidence.com

Quote Originally Posted by Melissa.Hare.Jones View Post
    I am *not* a color expert, but IIRC rabicano appears in bay horses. Chance of Flurries appears to be simply, and adorably, roan. The strawberry variety, since the base coat is chestnut.
    My horse is chestnut and there's no genetic basis for him to be true roan. But plenty of horses by the stallion (bay and chestnut) are rabicano. I've never heard anyone say before that rabicano appears only on bay base coats.
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

1 members found this post helpful.

Hope trains the young lady that owns Flurry. I get to see this horse go all the time in the hunter ring at the Sonoma Horse Park. He is to die for perfect in the ring! He just goes around like a dream! I have seen the owner and Hope go on him what seems like hundreds of times. They always come to the SHP shows as their barn is very close by.

Hope is a spectacular rider! I have seen her win 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th places on different horses in one Hunter Classic! She spends quite a bit of time in the winners circle! She is not only talented she is a lovely person! Sweet and very humble.

Flurry is a fab horse, I will ask Hope next week what his background and breeding is and report back to you folks. If I remember correctly I witnessed his owner getting a 93 from the judge in a hunter classic last season! The announcer was like "are you sure" then announced it! I watched the round and it truly was almost perfect!

As far as his color, he really is a big chestnut with a strange splash of white under his belly that goes up the side of his barrel. It looks like he stomped through a puddle of white paint! I've pinned ribbons on him and he isn't a roan, I will look closely again next week and let you know what Hope has to say about him. Better yet I will show Hope this thread and have her answer directly. Probably Tuesday or Wednesday at the show when I can corner her.
    Last edited by Brookes; Sep. 8, 2011 at 11:20 AM. Reason: adding info
    Lions and Tigers and Bears, oh my!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brookes View Post
    Hope trains the young lady that owns Flurry. I get to see this horse go all the time in the hunter ring at the Sonoma Horse Park. He is to die for perfect in the ring! He just goes around like a dream! I have seen the owner and Hope go on him what seems like hundreds of times. They always come to the SHP shows as their barn is very close by.

Hope is a spectacular rider! I have seen her win 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th places on different horses in one Hunter Classic! She spends quite a bit of time in the winners circle! She is not only talented she is a lovely person! Sweet and very humble.

Flurry is a fab horse, I will ask Hope next week what his background and breeding is and report back to you folks. If I remember correctly I witnessed his owner getting a 93 from the judge in a hunter classic last season! The announcer was like "are you sure" then announced it! I watched the round and it truly was almost perfect!

As far as his color, he really is a big chestnut with a strange splash of white under his belly that goes up the side of his barrel. It looks like he stomped through a puddle of white paint! I've pinned ribbons on him and he isn't a roan, I will look closely again next week and let you know what Hope has to say about him. Better yet I will show Hope this thread and have her answer directly. Probably Tuesday or Wednesday at the show when I can corner her.
    Well thanks! I appreciate you asking Hope for all of us.

I used to work right along side Hope. Several trainers in one barn. She is a elegant rider thats for sure! This was many years ago when she had just turned Pro. Im glad to see she is still doing really well. Her students have really come along well. She is really sweet and super nice, not to mention one heck of a great hunter rider/trainer. Hope is a breath of fresh air in a world of pissy, nasty, aggressive trainers who scream and yell at their students from dawn till dusk. I don't think I've ever seen Hope get mad or lose her temper =)