The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Jingles for Tico

My best friends family dog Tico, a mastiff/boxer?/hound? cross just got diagnosed with lymphoma at age 5. She hasn't got a mean bone in her giant body and watches over their two year old little girl. The vet had tears in his eyes when he told them. Chemotherapy is out of their price range and the outcome isn't even close to a hopeful outcome even if they do the chemo. They are putting her on predisone asap and hoping for the best. Even if the predisone helps at all the longterm timespan is two months tops. I guess I just want jingles that they get some quality time with her before they have to say goodbye. Their other dog Geb is getting older and they were starting to prepare for him getting old and feeble and instead they're losing their big sweet Tico. Just breaks my heart.
    http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...78001083_n.jpg

Oh, I am so sorry I went through this earlier this year with my bestest dog, Riana, and it went SO FAST. Even with chemo. Fingers crossed for a good response to the prednisone.

My sister had a cat that was diagnosed with lymphoma. She did the prednisone, but there is also a vet that comes to her vet practice that does some alternative medicine, with chiro and accupuncture. My sister did accupuncture as well as some herbs and he lived several months longer than predicted with minimal pain and decent appetite. Sorry to hear about your friend's dog.

Many jingles to Tico & family!

ohh, dang. So sorry to hear this-at least they have some time to come to terms with this horrible thing. I just lost my heart kitty on Sunday. He was ancient and though it was awful, it was expected. I lost my heart dog last summer at age 7 plus 2 days....it was worse than any loss I'd yet experienced, because it was so sudden and she was so young. Your friends have a chance to spoil dear Tico rotten and love on her for the rest of her time here. They are blessed to have this time.

Hugs and jingles to your friends and sweet Tico.

Jingles for Tico, his family and you.

My boss' Bernese who spends most of the time living at the farm with me was diagnosed with lymphoma today, she goes to the oncologist to discuss options tomorrow.

Jingles, jingles, jingles for as many happy golden moments your friend's family can squeeze in with their baby.

Jingling for Tico and hoping for the best outcome.

Jingling for Tico and her family.
    ~Kryswyn~ Always look on the bright side of life, de doo, de doo de doo de doo
    Check out my Kryswyn JRTs on Facebook

"Life is merrier with a terrier!"

So sorry to hear this - jingles for Tico and his family. We lost a lab many years ago to lymphoma. A very fast growing cancer, and a heartbreaker for sure.

Thanks for the jingles I thought I'd give an update. They had her on a round of Prednisone and she responded great, then to make sure it was lymphoma and not an infection after a round of antibiotics they weaned her off the prednisone as it was having some bad side effects. Her lymph nodes swelled again and now we know she has about 2 weeks. My friends, her owners are heartbroken and are planning to put her down before her symptoms get too bad but not before they spoil her rotten. She is a sweet dog and she will be missed greatly.

Ugh!!!! I am very sorry to hear this . I just went though it with my Chidog. I lost him a week ago Tuesday to the same thing.
    Jingles to them!!!!