The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default School/Activities - Endless...

Love the kids and all but here we go! Anyone else already overwhelmed with the "schedule"?

It's a busy one here too. I feel your car pain.

I've generally held kids (who are younger) to one athletic and one fine art "thing" per semester, but the sport this fall is 2-3 times per week. :-P Only through October, however, which is the only reason it slid through. Come on, November!
    "And now," cried Max, "let the wild rumpus start!"

Yes. Practices 2-3x per week, games 1-2x per week... I cannot wait until the fall sports season is over!!
    Jer 29: 11-13

Early hour classes make DH have to drive her daily. We had a deal with a nearby friend to split driving but that failed. She has marching practice for two hours 1x a week and games are the next day. It's just too far to drive home and back twice so I do review for work in the car and we have season tix for the games. Language club will be meeting starting next week and lessons may get squeezed out altogether.
    When I was a teen if I couldn't get there myself I just didn't get to go - how do single parents cope?
    Courageous Weenie Eventer Wannabe
    Incredible Invisible

As a 16-year-old with 3-4 days of rehearsal and 2-3 days of riding (40 mins from home/25 from school) per week, plus SAT class 2x/week, driving lessons and some semblance of a social life: THANK YOU MOMS! We may not show it, but it does matter to us!

Jumpthemoon, give your mom a hug and kiss

Mine are allowed one activity each and of course LMEqT rides so that is easy, so far. When she gets older if she wants to show, that will no longer be easy. My son does soccer and dad coaches, so he handles that. My girlfriends and I get together and go cheer at some of the games.

I allow no fundraising other than Krispy Kreme donuts so that makes it easier, too.
    "Kindness is free" ~ Eurofoal
    ---
    The CoTH CYA - please consult w/your veterinarian under any and all circumstances.

isn’t nothing, buy a each kid a horse and have your kids drag that thing across country showing it ... And that lasts all year...afterwards you get to keep the horse as the kids go off to college and then come back and .... you know what ...you still have those horses....and that started twenty-two years ago

so four high school years of stuff on Thursday night... just isn't much