The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Sir Gregory

So I am going to breed my Idocus mare, and I do like this stallion a lot...any thoughts comments are appreciated. Im looking to breed to something to improve on movement and strength in the hindend. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjdMDsrWjT4

I can't comment on the match for your mare, but I will say that I am in LOVE with Sir Gregory. My Balta Czar mare is in foal to him and due May 1st. I chose him for length of leg and movement. Hoping I made the right choice! Good luck!

I can't comment on the match for your mare, but I will say that I am in LOVE with Sir Gregory. My Balta Czar mare is in foal to him and due May 1st. I chose him for length of leg and movement. Hoping I made the right choice! Good luck!
    oops- double posted -sorry!

Im not much help on matchmaking but we just met Sir Gregory and were very impressed with his conformation and personality. Didnt get to see him move since we were there to get the swimmers and head home, but he was a lovely stallion in person. From his videos he seems to have a nice engaged hind end with good reach and carrying capacity, which is why we were using him.
    www.windhorsefrm.org and on Facebook too!
    Where mares rule and Basset Hounds drool!

I bred my Dutch keur mare to Sir Gregory last year for the same reason: I wanted more stregth in the hindend. My mare brought height, bone, jump (from her strong Holsteiner damline), three good gaits, and an especially fantastic canter.

My Sir Gregory filly from this mare is outstanding. He added a very powerful hindquarter and nice loin connection, added suspension at the trot, and the filly has more natural dressage ability than I've seen in a foal in some time. She comes up under herself naturally, loves to use that hindend, actually does pirouettes for fun, does tempis for fun. There's just an exquisite sense of balance and stregth in this filly. Add to that a great brain, which I attribute to her sire's strong D-line influence.

She really is the whole package. In fact, I'm so smitten with her I've come to the conclusion that I'm keeping her and selling the dam. (This is not an ad; I already have a buyer.)

So, yes, I highly recommend Sir Gregory! IMHO, he has just the right amount of Sandro Hit and the consolidation of Donnerhall through Don Gregory is, to me, pure gold.

My mare took on the first shipment and Jen Arnoldt is great to work with. It was the first time in all my years of breeding that I was THAT mare owner -- the one who calls with no warning the day after a long holiday weekend and says "My mare is ready now!" -- and without blinking an eye Jen had the shipment in the mail. So, behind the stallion you've got a very dedicated and knowledgeable stallion owner.

Oh, and then there's the icing on the cake: most of the Sir G foals I've seen are lovely to look at, with lots of bling. My own filly was born with four whites and a long, narrow blaze. She's shedding out to a very dark liver and is greying (my grey mare's contribution). You can see her here: http://www.runningwaterwbs.com/For_Sale.html

Yep, I'd say if you feel he's a match for your mare, you can't go wrong.
    Kendra -- Runningwater Warmbloods
    SPS Diorella (Donnerhall/ Akut), in foal to Welfenkonig II, and EM Raleska (Rascalino/ Warkant), in foal to Floriscount.
    'Like' us on Facebook

Thanks guys! yes a stronger connection in the loin and bigger hind end is exactly what im looking for. I am breeding to him and am trying to get one in this month. Ill update you

Martha Haley had a LOVELY foal by Sir Gregory out of her Idocus mare this year, she has photos on her website, Never say Never farm I think.

I love SG as well; started this thread on him awhile back:http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/sh...ht=Sir+Gregory

Not sure if I will breed to him in 2012, but one of these days....

We have one Sir Gregory colt, out of our CW mare by Geronimo II (Sandsturm and Ramiro Z lines) x Poprad, so pretty much jumper lines.

Photo GOV Inspection

Photo GOV Inspection

He is smart, alert, very intelligent and very pretty. I would use Sir Gregory again without any doubt. He sold before weaning, and I got more inquiries about him than any of my other foals before, even from people who don't know nothing about Sir Gregory. It was his type, presence and beauty who attracted the clients. They were all falling in love with him.

Good luck with your choices!
    Les Écuries d'Automne, Québec, Canada
    Visit EdA's Facebook page!