The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Tb Pedigree Gurus..

....mind checking out this girl and just giving me your thoughts based on her pedigree? Feel free to really highlight and emphasize any negatives.....make them up, if you have to!

http://www.pedigreequery.com/triptane

I've started doing some part time work at a TB farm and this girl is there. It was casually mentioned that she may be looking for a home, and so immediately I told myself "Don't make eye contact! Don't look at her! Don't touch her! Don't even think about her!" Unfortunately that didn't work out, and despite the fact that she is the exact opposite of what I'm looking for esthetically (plain bay wrapper without a spot of white vs nice and chromey) she happens to be an amazing sweetheart. Well-behaved and handy, too. Damn that empty stall vacuum affect!!

So just out of curiosity, I'd love to hear some about her pedigree. Obviously you don't ride the papers, but I love hearing about bloodlines and what the babies tend to be geared towards once they're off the track.

Crossposted from Off Course per a suggestion!

looks like an eventer pedigree

I had a grandson of Fortyniner (bought him as a long yearling). He also had In Reality up close too. He was a cheeky boy...full of personality. Very sweet though. Good mover and jumper. He's taken his ammy owner to a CCI* and is now running intermediate.

Caro is lovely to have up close in a pedigree....usually tough and good jumpers. Basically...the dam line on this mare looks fantastic.

Lack for chrome is really nice and classy...and less to scrub early in the morning before a show Post some pictures when you get her home!!
    ** The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits. -- Albert Einstein **

Quote Originally Posted by bornfreenowexpensive View Post
    ...Very sweet though....

Lack for chrome is really nice and classy...and less to scrub early in the morning before a show Post some pictures when you get her home!!
    That is what did me in in regards to this mare. The first time I went into her stall she made the nastiest face at me. But I quickly found her "ahhh" spot on her shoulders and after just a couple scratches she is now my best bud, coming right up to me and putting her head in my arms. So sweet.

And you're right! I already have a big, grey, dirt-attracting gelding...what am I looking for more scrubbing for!

Bumping up for the afternoon crowd stuck inside on account of rain!

Clarksdale, MS--the golden buckle on the cotton belt

She's tail female to a very good dam line. Ilitis was the dam of My Dear Girl, who was the dam of In Reality. So you have her top and bottom. Cougar is nice to see. Forty-Niner is one of the better Mr. P sons, in part thanks to his dam, File, but he is lacking in FEI level results that I can find. He has has some chasers here, IIRC. Was sent to Japan in 1996. Nureyev is a staple in chasing, and one of the Northern Dancer sons that is in some event horses in France and is the damsire line grandsire of Wonderful Will, an Advanced level event horse in the US. Obeah was also the dam of Carnivalay by Northern Dancer, and he was one of the sire lines that has done well in US chasing.

Caro is very nice to see, but he is a bit less good at FEI competition levels than his reputation would indicate. He is the damsire of Poilu, who flashed across the eventing scene with Clayton Fredericks at Burghley in 2009 and then disappeared. He's the sire's damsire of a Swiss horse who has competed twice in the European Championships for Young Riders, most recently this year. Caro was the Sire of Kaldoun, who has a grandson through his son Kadrou doing very well in CIC 2*s in Europe this year with a top French young horse event rider named Bodo Battenberg. Another grandson of Kaldoun through Dounba also went to the European Championships for Young Riders this year and finished 15th individually. He's also completed the Saumur CIC 2* this year with his young rider. Caro is in the pedigree of a German Young Rider dressage horse as the TB sire's damsire (Trak on the bottom). There are a couple of other CIC 1 and 2* event horses with him in the pedigree through sons that I can find. Reason I say his reputation is somewhat better than his production is that Poilu is the only true UL horse recorded in the database that I use--although they are somewhat lacking in the completeness of the TB pedigrees of competitors.

I certainly agree on the eventing potential in the pedigree; it's got stamina, speed, and jumping ability at speed in the lines. In Reality is really well proved.
    "I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay."
    Thread killer Extraordinaire

Wow, viney, thank you! That was amazing!

working with tb's for the last 10 yrs. i am not a trippi fan. her pedigree is wonderful, but you don't ride or train the papers.i have found the trippis to be a bit tough and nasty.but there is always the exception to the rule. good luck
    www.camaloufarms.com

ride it like you stole it! "ralph hill"

Maxxtrot, could you elaborate a little more on your experiences with the Trippis? My mare is a sweetheart with people but not so much with other horses. In fact, she is down right mean and doesn't want any horses close to her. She won't hesitate to throw her head or even try to kick them. I have to be very careful when we are on the trail or at clinics as I don't won't anyones horse hurt.Trying hard to solve this problem but to no avail yet.We love her to death and will keep working with her. Any insight would be most helpful. Thanks!