The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Bucas Sunshower Rain Sheet

I know someone here is going to be saying "jeesh Islandrider, just friken buy one already"- but I am still looking for a good lite rain sheet. I am intrigued by the Bucas Sunshower. I am confused though, the website says they have shoulder darts or seams or, but I can't see any shoulder dart on the pics. Wondering if this is so. My Arab has high withers and big shoulders, and, as I have said over and over, is a wimp with cool temps.

I have one. There are darts that make kind of a bulge for the shoulders. It doesn't fit the best of all her turnouts, but it fits reasonably well and meets the other criteria: it's lightweight, reflective so it isn't so warm when it's sunny, lined with mesh so it doesn't stick in case she does sweat, seems to be waterproof, holds up well.

This is the second year for it, but I use it when it's warmish and sunny but might rain, or rainy in the late spring, early fall. Before she goes into her Northwinds.