The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Mason City and the Region 4 Champs

Is anyone attending the USDF Region 4 Championships this weekend in Mason City, Iowa?

I will be announcing, and I have never been to Iowa or Mason City. Any info about the show grounds, surrounding area, or the competition itself would be greatly appreciated.

I'm going! Mason City is a pretty small town, but they do have a Tractor Supply Company, which makes it a classier town than the one I live in! It's just a quick jaunt off I-35, easy to get to. The fairgrounds are nice and big, I'm guessing they'll use every ring space available but most of the rings are in one area. There's some noise competition with the highway being in clear view of the main ring area. There are many barn and I hear they've brought in temporary stalls because every available stall space is taken, so it will be a big show! Anything else? Thank you for announcing, it will be a busy weekend.

I will be there too! It's a nice little town, but it may be the only town left in the US with out a Starbucks! My hubby searched for good coffee for an hour and couldn't find any! had to settle for a gas station. They have an AMAZING mexican place...I am actually more excited to eat there than I am to show I think they will have 4 rings going, should be a fun time!