The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default My searching skills are sucking today- what does "established" mean?

I'm back pedaling a little on my thought about not doing the T3DE (I'll wait to see how Toby mends and how our next outing goes, but now that we definitely have another horses and rider going....I'm kinda changing my mind).

I think we're qualified, one way or the other, but not entirely sure. What does "established at preliminary" mean? I can't quite figure it out. If I'm "established", then we are qualified as he has three NQRs between my rides and his previous rider's. I'm also thinking that since I have a whole host of training NQRs on Vernon (and the BFG and others) from 2009, I should be good. But I can't tell....this may all be a result of too much vegging last night and too little coffee this morning, so forgive me if I am being especially blonde.

Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.

"Both the competitor and the horse must have obtained NQR’s at 4 Training Level Horse Trials or higher; 1 of the 4 Horse Trials must be as a horse/rider combination (horse and rider competed together). Competitors who are already established to compete at the Preliminary Level or higher, may compete on a horse that has obtained 2 NQR’s at the Training Level or higher." - T3D

"The competitor must have obtained NQR’s at 4 Training Level Horse Trials, may include T3D, or higher. For this level only, qualifications are specific to the competitor. There are no set minimum competition qualifications to be achieved by the horse." - Preliminary
    Thus do we growl that our big toes have,
    at this moment, been thrown up from below!

OOh, good grief. I've read that 3000 times and the "or higher" bit NEVER registered. Duh. I refer all to my earlier blonde comment